Beloved Remoska has taken a back seat (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We've had Remoskas for years, I was almost crucified when I broke ours last year (dropped the lid), that was an expensive replacement. Anyway, because we were doing Christmas in the van Siân wanted extra oven space. I toyed with the idea of getting one of those leccy ovens so beloved of students. But while at Maplins Link Removed for under £30, Siân hated it, especially when she saw the light come on. Well, she used it on Christmas day and was impressed. Now, the Remoska that costs 5 x the price and is normally used every day, everything from warming a croissant to cooking 3 course meals has not been out of the locker since!

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We have a new halogen oven surplus to requirements, never used it , not enough locker space to carry it, that's where the Remoska wins.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Always used halogen oven at home from the first time they were available from Thane and called infrared ovens .never used my full-size over for at least 8 years ..best bit of cooking kit ever .imho

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
We bought one of the all singing and dancing Halogen ovens a few years back, set it up to cook a chicken, when it started up just couldn`t believe that light, phew two options wear welders goggles when operating or strip off and get a sun tan.

Just too bright for us, we`ll be sticking with our Remoska.

Oh we gave the halogen away....

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Not in your wildest dreams did what the LarryHappyChappy used to drive be called an RV. :xrofl: :xshout: :emo:

Hey Sooperdooperwinabagelmike , where gave you been, hope you and management are ok , nice to see ya posting :xThumb:
Yes it was an RV :moon2::moon2::moon2: so there :xgrin:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Not in your wildest dreams did what the LarryHappyChappy used to drive be called an RV. :xrofl: :xshout: :emo:

Why ever not, every size of motorhome in the US is an RV. In the states this is an RV
LB08-RFopen3.jpg

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Why ever not, every size of motorhome in the US is an RV. In the states this is an RV
LB08-RFopen3.jpg

Poor Mike, sad cos he's only got an old Chevy V8 and not a sweet as a nut sooper powerful Ford V10, yes ten purring pots :xrofl:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Poor Mike, sad cos he's only got an old Chevy V8 and not a sweet as a nut sooper powerful Ford V10, yes ten purring pots :xrofl:

Don't knock that Chevy v8, they make great School Busses, oh and dust carts. ;)

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.

Worry not about me old chappy, now let me think. Let me roll the old grey cells around a bit.

Are yes I remember, it was the ten purring pots that regularly threw out their spark plugs.:xdoh:

Reactions: Jim

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
LB08-RFopen3.jpg

Indeed you are correct Jim, and it's much better looking than Larry's, cough, cough RV.

Reactions: Jim
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Worry not about me old chappy, now let me think. Let me roll the old grey cells around a bit.

Are yes I remember, it was the ten purring pots that regularly threw out their spark plugs.:xdoh:

Fortunately on the old ones and never a manifold stud shear :xwink:

But now the German build on the Italian engine, good at running I've heard :xgrin:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
Like it :xrofl: poor Mike just back posting and we extract the urine :xgrin:

I love Remoska as well, she is a nice girl.

Now Larry type fellow. Do you think this very delicate group over here on Fun could actually cope when you and me and the oldmo, really get up to speed with the insults. Methinks the forum would decline rapidly and Jim would get a bit excited. :xshout:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I love Remoska as well, she is a nice girl.

Now Larry type fellow. Do you think this very delicate group over here on Fun could actually cope when you and me and the oldmo, really get up to speed with the insults. Methinks the forum would decline rapidly and Jim would get a bit excited. :xshout:

No doubt they could Mike , fairly frequent quality banter from a number of knowledgeable funsters on here, I watch from the wings :)

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
Would they be able to do pizza's?, genuine question as it's what we use our built in oven mostly for, having said that it takes ages and only runs on gas

Andy

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We have got some dome like electric oven thing that tilts and revolves.

It makes lovely oven chips

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

Yes, but that was Mr Ford's crap design engineer.
He didn't know the difference between cm and inches so shoved the plugholes 10in down the cylinder head instead of 10cm.

Seajay

Banned
Nov 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
C L Meridien
Exp
since 2000
:rolleyes:Anyone on here got a Remoska they want to sell for a reasonable sum?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back