Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi ShiftZZ

I posted the following earlier in the year to another member.

We like Belgium a lot, we have stopped on the aires at Ostend and Brugge.
The only campsite we have used is Camping Memling at Brugge. Not a bad site but I dont know how you would fare with an RV there.
There is plenty of room along the coast road between Ostend and Middlekerke if you fancy a spot of wild camping. Plenty of vans park up along this stretch of road, no problems for an RV, can be noisey though as apart from the busy road the tramway also runs parallel to it. On the plus side is that you are only 20 yards from a long, clean sandy beach.
When travelling to Belgium we use Transeuropa Ferries from Ramsgate, a 4 hour crossing, but it saves the drive up from Calais. We have found their fares to be very competetive and you can overnight at their terminal if you wish.

The following link will give you some info about parking in Brugge
Link Removed

K

keithfw

Deleted User
Any tips on wildcamping in Belgium or any other stuff?

Tnx

ShiftZZ

We've been told by a 'local' that you can stay up to 24hrs anywhere where it is legal to park. We have never had a problem doing this!

Enjoy Belgium, I think it's very under-rated.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi ShiftZZ

I posted the following earlier in the year to another member.

We like Belgium a lot, we have stopped on the aires at Ostend and Brugge.
The only campsite we have used is Camping Memling at Brugge. Not a bad site but I dont know how you would fare with an RV there.
There is plenty of room along the coast road between Ostend and Middlekerke if you fancy a spot of wild camping. Plenty of vans park up along this stretch of road, no problems for an RV, can be noisey though as apart from the busy road the tramway also runs parallel to it. On the plus side is that you are only 20 yards from a long, clean sandy beach.
When travelling to Belgium we use Transeuropa Ferries from Ramsgate, a 4 hour crossing, but it saves the drive up from Calais. We have found their fares to be very competetive and you can overnight at their terminal if you wish.

The following link will give you some info about parking in Brugge
Link Removed

the prices are pretty good:thumb: which is more than can be said for their on-line booking form.:Eeek:
i'd sooner travel with a company who's website works properly.
it doesnt instill faith in their service if they cant get this right......:Angry:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
i'd sooner travel with a company who's website works properly.

You mean like this?

There was a problem with retrieving a quote for your selected journey. Error is as follows:

- We are unable to fullfill bookings for the given operator, date and/or time at this present time. If this re-occurs then please try again later.

- Error Code=DFVI001, Description=No vehicle price for outbund
Please press the BACK button on your browser, correct any information if applicable and try again.

I just tried their site to see how their quote compared to what ive already booked with SeaFrance and the above was what i got!!

Brisey comments "it saves the drive up from Calais."

Ermmmm......its only 35 miles from Calais port to the Belgium border! Less than a fivers worth of fuel for me!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
no.......... the form was incomplete.

couldnt enter vehicle, reg No, passport No or anything other than name and address.:Angry:

just checked and it seems to be ok now though.:thumb:

£100 for kontiki and toad, one way, aint a bad price. if i was single i woldnt need the return fair.
cant be any worse in europe than it is here in ripoff britain.

just wondered though........how do you know if a particular sailing is full.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
no.......... the form was incomplete.

couldnt enter vehicle, reg No, passport No or anything other than name and address.:Angry:

just checked and it seems to be ok now though.:thumb:

£100 for kontiki and toad, one way, aint a bad price. if i was single i woldnt need the return fair.
cant be any worse in europe than it is here in ripoff britain.

just wondered though........how do you know if a particular sailing is full.

By comparison i've paid £62 return with SeaFrance Dover to Calais. I always go up to Belgium to buy some smokes (right money sensible prices etc).

I admit to sighing with relief as i see those white cliffs disappearing in the distance and have three weeks of total normality where i can live far from the prying eyes of the potty pc police that have totally wrecked this country for good.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back