Free Member
Feb 14, 2014
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi Folks,
we are off to france and Belgium in september using the Tunnel, I do plan to stop off at Cite de Europe for some supplies but my good lady who smokes has asked me to find somewhere to buy her cigarettes, can anyone help oh by the way we plan to have a couple of days in Brugge after stopping at the aire either at gravelines or Bray Dunes.
Any help would be appreciated

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Brugge deserves more than 2 days if the weather is good. Excellent but expensive aire by the main railway station within an easy walk to the delightful town.

Frites and Kipstik -- all you need to know.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Gravelines , every time for me, aire in Bruges as as been said near the coach station 21 euros but all amenities and nice walk to the centre through the park, tobacco again as as been said but any tabac has the same prices, the price is on the pack and all charge the stated price, but you do get odd offers at the warehouses

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Brugge aire is €22.50 per night from April - September, but if you can wait until October, the daily rate drops to €15.
More info on Brugge (and the aire reference specifically) <Broken link removed>

OP
OP
Inthezone

Inthezone

Free Member
Feb 14, 2014
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks for all your replies, I have already booked the camping memling but may move over to the aires if we intend to stay longer :cheers:

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
We were in Brugges a few days back and visited a dolphinarium @ Boudewijn seapark which was great and they let us stay overnight in the carpark.
Baccy is £52 for 10 packs golden virginia in Ostend up main shopping street , road to right just before you reach the beach front, parking is near the coach park as you come in near famous old ship in mariner there but be early for a space. Market days are Mon, Thurs and sat good too.
We stayed at a full on camp site in Nieuwpoort about 25 mins west of there which was good but not cheap to call back to Ostend for market day today though there are a couple of aires along coast a few miles out 5 + 10 euros a night ,then to here an aire at east of Dunkirk, got dogs sorted local vets 45 euros for the 2, by maire office ready for ferry back Sunday after a great 6 weeks wandering.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Thanks for all your replies, I have already booked the camping memling but may move over to the aires if we intend to stay longer :cheers:

We stayed at Memling last December for the Christmas Market - lovely site. You can get the bus from round the corner for about 1 euro each each way, it takes you right into the town square in the centre of Brugges, if you but a multi ticket from the garage on the corner near the site the bus is cheaper.

speed080

Free Member
May 28, 2010
Funster No
Hi all we are thinking of going to Ieper in the last week in October as our very first continental trip so any advice would be most welcome ie can u free camp or is there a good site or aire and places to see or stay nearby or on route, we will be travelling from Yorkshire.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hi all we are thinking of going to Ieper in the last week in October as our very first continental trip so any advice would be most welcome ie can u free camp or is there a good site or aire and places to see or stay nearby or on route, we will be travelling from Yorkshire.
excellent aire by the canal ,go through menin gatefrom town square turn right cant miss it loads of space,free

robarb38

Free Member
Mar 8, 2014
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
"since 1984"
Great Stellplatz in Eeklo Belgium, bar/restaurant showers water and dump (did not have ehu when there as it had been vandalised, maybe repaired now)
Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 19.41.02.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back