Being forced into full-timing... Help (1 Viewer)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
sounds like your well rid to me..just don't get shafted in the process. satand your ground and get legal advice. Amicable split down the middle the way forward - fingers crossed!!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
sounds like your well rid to me..just don't get shafted in the process. satand your ground and get legal advice. Amicable split down the middle the way forward - fingers crossed!!
Not quite Eddie.................I am pleased to highlight. ;)

Please see @Fletton's previous post. (y)

Cheers,

Jock.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
@Fletton Best wishes for the future and I really hope it works out for you. I am the kind of person who hopes for the best but plans for the worst. It may still be worth you keep looking into fulltiming just in case. I really hope it doesn't happen where you need to but if it does being prepared shouldn't cost you anything. fingers crossed for you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Good luck to you Fletton and I am also sorry you felt the need to explain such a personal situation, because of one crass remark. Your original enquiry was valid enough without the ins and outs being know, it certainly didn't need justifying.

I hope you and your other half work it out and get to enjoy many happy miles in your motorhome.
Sandra

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
that after turning up unannounced... and insisting on discussing any/all issues.... I believe that Cathy has realised that it's not a throw away game anymore... and normal service is beginning to resume :)

Glad she did get advice and its all back on track for you Fletton.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I like to thank all of those that gave practical advice and I am pleased to say... that after turning up unannounced... and insisting on discussing any/all issues.... I believe that Cathy has realised that it's not a throw away game anymore... and normal service is beginning to resume :)

To add context to that... She's since spoken to her mum... and told her we both still have some things to overcome.... but basically it's time she grew up a little... and knowing the relationship they have... that's a big "admit" for Cath to say to her mother and father...

Again a BIG THANKS TO ALL YOU FUNSTERS out there! :)

and for you guys..

My learned friends... not helpful and nothing to do with my question...

However, maybe she could.... and maybe did !!.. But still irrelevant....

My question was based on a knee jerk reaction to the fact that she'd sent a txt! asking/telling me not to return.. whilst on way back after taking two of my boys for a fishing weekend on their birthday...

And aslo that she'd moved everything out of our joint account .. her salary, DDs for mort and utils etc.. leaving only my pension... also informing my via txt!

All without any warning or dialogue... and would not answer calls or speak...

Also having a track record of that behaviour during her previous breakups.... whereas I thought it would be different with me because ... with this relationship..... she married the bloke... intead of being noncommittal .... as over the past 20 odd yrs...

Now... I ain't saying ... and never have said... There's always another side.... but again ... on this Forum I felt it inappropriate to wash my dirty linen in public.... the thread title was to give context to question only...

What I will say is.... It was about ... me moving into and established family home.... and the challenges that brings... with all 3 of her (now) adult children still in residence.... particularly of late as each goes through that inevitable stage of flexing their ego's and status..

Originally we'd planned to buy together.... but redundancies (both of us ) prevented that...

This Scenario was not helped by Cathy's previous experiences with long term partners... (sort of .... "It's me and the kids no matter what) approach... and... IMO... not fully getting to grips that we'd both actually got married and made a serious commitment... as opposed to a prevoius just co-habbiting ... and Cath having everything in her name and the ability to pull the plug when things got a little tuff..

Compounded by the fact that she's never been one to talk - the nitty gritty..

Well said fella ! All the very best for the future !!!!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Glad it seems to be working out.

I wouldn't worry too much about the outcome of the referendum many had property in Spain France and Portugal before we were in the European Union and many will have after.

They weren't regulated by the EU then just individual bi-natural agreements.
Different kettle of fish now.:(
If there is an out vote then the concensus of opinion is that it would take 20+ years to disentangle.:cry:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Thanks Sandra and Colin that really is good advice ..... Over twelve months ago I started looking at properties in Portugal thinking if I sold my house here, that would be an alternative as they are so much cheaper and the weather better ... that is the other alternative I guess.... but what you say makes so much sense (other than I would have no capital should something to go wrong with the van as the rent would be keeping me going in the van..)

Sorry, if hijacking thread there, but I think this is good advice to so many of us in similar situations to the op. :)

You can get a studio apartment near Torrevieja for around £22000. BUSBY.

10para67

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Tadworth
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline 47i
Exp
My wife has just "kicked me out".. i'll spare you the details on here..

We bought the MH in april and I didn't envisage this happening!... So i'm relatively new to it all....

The issue is... "we" decided to take my max pension sum - leaving me with a lower monthly income .... My wife is still working and obviously earns enough to run the home etc.. but I will only have my pension...

Can any of you guys give me a ball park figure on minimum income required to ful-time her in UK..

I have a Knaus A class...

Sorry if this has been asked before - it's just that I've borrowed some Wifi and can't stay on for long to search the threads

thanks funsters
If you are on a low pension and not working you'll get local housing allowance

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back