Beginners 1st time out in new van question (1 Viewer)

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
Hello all,
We will pick up a Bentley Indigo MH around 12th April and our first show will be at Peterborough. We are beginners apart from 2 separate months in New Zealand and this is our first MH and we have never attended any show as a resident.
We did not plan buying it at Newark Show but the sun got the better of us. So here is the quandary, we joined the Bentley club this month so that we can find out what we have bought at Peterborough. The Bentley club may be needed to tell/explain how things work and give us advice.
Can we come along to Funsters section to meet people without our motorhome, we have subscribed?
We do not know what rules are and are sure we will find out the etiquette is there a general area for meeting?
Harry & Ann
atlantisbird.

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
20 plus another 12years tugging/small campers
hi. you are more than welcome to find us (steve @rosemary) we do not have a new motorhome but we have had motorhomes for 20 years plus and you are welcome to come and speek to us anytime you like ,come for a chat and a drink:thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Fun, one of the good thing about fun is things are always very friendly, as you can see the Peterborough meet has 70 odd at the meet so a very large one, maybe a post on the Peterborough thread, and a few more at the meet will see the post. Love your choice of motorhome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Hi birdie,
Sadly I have not managed any meets, YET, they always seem to be when I am not on holiday, but as you are going to Peterborugh, why not take your mh then all the help and advice you receive will be hands on. It always difficult asking advice when you are awy from you mh.
Have a good time.

Norman

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi and welcome guys:thumb: not to many silly rools on this forum:winky: just look out for the marshals who are Bob and Jane, a lovely couple who will put you right at ease and let you know wots wot:winky:

Ps Oh by the way Jim will be there as well, orrible chap, drinks a lot:drink: best steer clear:roflmto::roflmto::hardhat:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hello Harry & Ann,
Not sure from your post whether you've booked for Peterborough with the Bentley Motorhomes Club. If not then you could book with Fun as an alternative. If you're already booked in it won't be hard to find the Fun area and come for a chat.

OP
OP
atlantisbird

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
From atlantisbird

Thank you all, here is slight update.
We are waiting for the registration from Fullers as we are unable to book in until we have it
but we have booked in with the Bentley club by word of mouth through the manufacturer as we believe on handover the likelihood of forgetting or not "taking in" the complexities of alarms,cookers and how to turn the key to start it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: as we are getting past our sell by date but still edible.:RollEyes::ROFLMAO:
We thought that being with someone who has a van like ours made sense.
We joined Fun after we spoke to Bentley club and it looks like we will be coming to some of your meets/rally's especially in the north.
Which is your biggest get together Jim?
We will want to go to europe at some time is there any section on Fun for that?
Ann & Harry
atlantisbird

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Harry & Ann, your more than welcome to visit or camp with us, its a great show with over 300 trade stands, Bentley motorhomes will be for sale there. :thumb: So a great place to be on your first time out having lots of advise on hand. ::bigsmile:

We have just been in Spain and a funster had a Bentley on the rally, but they are still out there so will not be at Peterborough but they are also members of the Bentley Club, a lovely couple and you could always PM them if you get in a muddle. :Doh: :ROFLMAO:

Their username is Teasy2007 Ginny and Mike. :Smile: Bob.

Oh and I nearly forgot,Welcome to Fun.::bigsmile:

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
It will be our first proper rally as well,....I am sure you will be made very welcome by all.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Can we come along to Funsters section to meet people without our motorhome, we have subscribed?

atlantisbird.

Unless the show organisers have changed the 'access to camping areas rules' the short answer is No,

Two years ago we went on a day trip but were not allowed to visit the Funsters camping area .. even when Jim (the ringleader) vouched for us the security staff would not let us into the Fun compound.

At the time I thought what a load of jobsworths, :Angry: but on reflection it makes good security sense not to give all and sundry unfettered access to private camping areas.. so don't bank on it..

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Unless the show organisers have changed the 'access to camping areas rules' the short answer is No,

Two years ago we went on a day trip but were not allowed to visit the Funsters camping area .. even when Jim (the ringleader) vouched for us the security staff would not let us into the Fun compound.

At the time I thought what a load of jobsworths, :Angry: but on reflection it makes good security sense not to give all and sundry unfettered access to private camping areas.. so don't bank on it..

Hi Jim, that's because you only had day visitors passes, what ever club you book with you can go anywhere, :thumb:

:winky: Its like being given the golden key. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Jim, that's because you only had day visitors passes, what ever club you book with you can go anywhere, :thumb:

:winky: Its like being given the golden key. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

thanks for clarifying Bob ..

kind of pointless having security, but I guess it's just us lowly day visitors that nick stuff :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi and welcome guys:thumb: not to many silly rools on this forum:winky: just look out for the marshals who are Bob and Jane, a lovely couple who will put you right at ease and let you know wots wot:winky:

Ps Oh by the way Jim will be there as well, orrible chap, drinks a lot:drink: best steer clear:roflmto::roflmto::hardhat:

That was a joke by the way:Blush::Blush::Doh:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi,

As Bob and Jane said we have had a Bentley Oulton since last August, and love both the motorhome and the brilliant after sales service from Richard and Gordon Bentley.

We also bought it from Fullers but have had no cause to go back to Fullers as the Bentley factory is only half a mile from where we live.

If you enjoy your Bentley as much as we do ours you will have a wonderful time at the show and wish you lots of enjoyable holidays.

We will probably see you at one of the Bentley rallies, we get back in Uk in June and have a couple planned for the summer.

Have a great time and we look forward to meeting you at one of the shows. :thumb::thumb:

Ginny and Mike

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
the security varies from show to show

At some of the shows (Since they put up wire fences) you have to go in and out via the security points and they check your wrist bands as you come out of the show in to the camping area.. Certainly at the Great Escape last year they were hot on it. Newbury was fairly lax at both exits back to the camping area, Malvern they did not have anyone on the gates at all. Lincoln was again fairly lax as well.

But the rule is if you do not have a camping pass then a day visitor cannot get through to there friends.... it is a shame they do not make some facilities to cover this as not everyone wants to camp for the weekend and may want to see friends.

It is a shame you will not be with us, as the MHF bunch make great people to park with.. lots of different motor homes and RV's

For me being parked up with a lot of Hymers (if I had one that is:ROFLMAO:) and parking all the same angle with her hitlers making sure the fire bucket is in line is to much like camping on a C&CC site for me. I want different.. I want to go around my area where I am parked up and talk to owners of other makes of vehicles, hear there views and compare... good friends of ours .. The Griffs .. used to own a Winnebago Aspect similar to ours (there 26') now own a Europe IH panel van.. I find it interesting to see what they have and hear there views... I do not want to compare hub caps with another RV owner... I want different... so I do recommend that you consider in the future doing a MHF meet... you will be surprised just how good it is.. One of the plus sides is that of our marshals.. common sense type (mind you I do question Bob & Jane's sanity sometimes being a marshall):Blush:

But do consider one of the MHF meets.

Bob

OP
OP
atlantisbird

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
atlantisbird

We will hopefully meet up at a MHF rally when we come to one. Thanks Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back