Beginner at camping. (1 Viewer)

Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
Hello everyone.Ive recently purchased a campervan after separating from my husband of 46 yrs. I have two lovely little yorkies, one named Charlie and the other named Alfie.we all love travelling together but it's a fear of the unknown. I love driving but am not good at knowing how to get to places.I will try to meet at one of the rallies in the next month or so and I would so much like to try going abroad. It would be nice to be able to tag along with other campers. Watch this space. Have van will travel.??.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hello Sonia and welcome to the Fun
upload_2016-1-25_19-51-53.png

You'll have a great time here. Any specific questions, there will be somebody who knows the answer!

?

Deleted User
Hi Sonia. If you dont have one i would say get a cheap sat nav to help you get around. Turn its volume up and learn to listen to it rather than read the maps if you feel uneasy about taking your eyes of the road. Funny the wife has a friend who has also just bought a camper, has two small dogs and about to leave her husband. Uncanny. Good luck in your new life and hope the freedom of a camper lives up to your expectations.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome:hiya2: Look through the forum and you will find a section under rally's which may help . Happy travels !

OP
OP
Alfieplustwo
Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
Thanks for your advise. I have a garmin sat nav and do use it when travelling but it does sometimes takes you down roads that you don't want to go.Best of luck to your friend who may be leaving her husband, since leaving mine he got cancer so I spent last year caring for him i feel I must start my life but it's a bit dawnting. It's the first time in my life driving a large van but what a achievement.now I must find places to go.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello Sonia and welcome to the forum. Always help available on here and lots of solo traveller too.

:HelloThere:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I have a garmin sat nav and do use it when travelling but it does sometimes takes you down roads that you don't want to go.
You can get satnags that you can programme for [1] roads/ places you want to avoid OR follow (you can preview the route it's going to take you) and [2] the size and weight of your van

OP
OP
Alfieplustwo
Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
Hi Anne. You never know we might meet, I always speak to people who have a Motorhome when taking my dogs a walk along the river in Rhayader.

?

Deleted User
Funny as quite a few people have said the same thing about Garmin. I had a free version that came in my phone but deleted it before i could use it as i prefer iGO Primo.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Thanks for your advise. I have a garmin sat nav and do use it when travelling but it does sometimes takes you down roads that you don't want to go.

If it tries to send you down a narrow road you don't want to go down just carry on and the sat nag will re-calculate your route. (y)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
:HelloThere:
From us in East Sussex and
:WelcomeFlag:

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Good luck with the start of your new life. Life should be an adventure, we pass this way but once & your quite right when you say about "the fear of the unknown" but I can practically guarantee that you'll have fun. Go for it before it goes for you!!

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Hello everyone.Ive recently purchased a campervan after separating from my husband of 46 yrs. I have two lovely little yorkies, one named Charlie and the other named Alfie.we all love travelling together but it's a fear of the unknown. I love driving but am not good at knowing how to get to places.I will try to meet at one of the rallies in the next month or so and I would so much like to try going abroad. It would be nice to be able to tag along with other campers. Watch this space. Have van will travel.??.

Hi Sonia Check out the Solo Ladies Meet, it's in April and for a few of us it will be our first meet, me included. Chris

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Sonia,

Big Welcome from down on the south coast (Isle of Wight)

Ann & Terry + ASBO our excitable cocker spaniel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back