Beeping noise and "Low Battery" warning (1 Viewer)

Jerrymjj

Free Member
Apr 3, 2014
Alton Hants
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker SE
Exp
Newbie!
I took my 2008 Autotrail out for a run today for the first time in a couple of months. Everything was fine except for an annoying bleep repeated at minute intervals occasionally accompanied by an American voice saying, "Low Battery". (This only occurs when the engine is turned off.)

I have checked the vehicle and leisure batteries which are on continuous EHU charge anyway. Vehicle is 12.7v and Leisure 13.7v. I have a Sargent 2007 ECU 200 and rang them to ask their advice. They said it was nothing to do with them as nothing of theirs has any voice warnings. I then rang Sigma as I thought it must be the onboard alarm, a Sigma S30. They said exactly the same thing.

Can anyone enlighten me? What else is there that might have a battery in it? The voice is amusing but the bleeps are infuriating after a while. Help please? Many thanks, Jerry.

OP
OP
Jerrymjj

Jerrymjj

Free Member
Apr 3, 2014
Alton Hants
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker SE
Exp
Newbie!
Not a phone but we do have a weird pre-gps thing that used a phone sim card to ring someone and ask the way to a destination. Can't see why it would have a battery and we have never used it. We do have a CO2 alarm and I'll go and see if it is that. Many thanks. I'll report back.

OP
OP
Jerrymjj

Jerrymjj

Free Member
Apr 3, 2014
Alton Hants
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker SE
Exp
Newbie!
You utter genius Gus. It was the Carbon Monoxide Alarm which happens to be mounted adjacent to the PCU and above the alarm hence my confusion. Many many thanks. I need a 9v battery!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
It is now quite unusual to get a battery in the CO monitor that can be changed, all the ones I have bought recently are sealed and have a 5 year life expectancy

Mind you they don't cost much more as a complete unit than a 9V battery costs (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Where can you get a CO alarm for around £3 ?

I can't but where can you get a decent 9V battery for £3 ?:)

We just paid £5.30 for a 9V battery while away to make our E + P remote work, pretty sure I only paid £12 each for the last CO monitors I bought

Only a small exaggeration on value, but you knew what I meant really, didn't you (y)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Where can you get a CO alarm for around £3 ?
You're paying too much ,60cents mine.:)

Not a phone but we do have a weird pre-gps thing that used a phone sim card to ring someone and ask the way to a destination. Can't see why it would have a battery and we have never used it. We do have a CO2 alarm and I'll go and see if it is that. Many thanks. I'll report back.

A Traficmaster if I recall correctly My friends MH he bought in the summer when I was over ,he got me to take the thing out .Had to dismantle half the dash.:( I was amazed at how much wiring there was behind the dash clocks.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
If it speaks to tell you when your battery is low does it scream 'UUUURGH.....CANT BREATHE!!!...........' When it actually detects Carbon Monoxide?

OP
OP
Jerrymjj

Jerrymjj

Free Member
Apr 3, 2014
Alton Hants
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker SE
Exp
Newbie!
The scariest thing is when you push the text button having fitted a new battery. It runs through its repertoire of "Fire, Fire", "Carbon Monoxide" and "Low Battery" all in a dreadful robotic American accent. Still as long as it wakes us up in the event of an emergency...

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
'ere! Mine only beeps! Have I been sold short? Who can I sue?
Will I get legal aid? Am I entitled to Benefits? Who do I see?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I think you may have to write to Mr Trump...
problem is some trumps can be so noxious they set off the carbon monoxide alarm

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back