Beeney Boxes (1 Viewer)

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
Hi everyone, I have a question for you.

I made an appointment with Paul of Beeney Boxes to have him fit 2 for me today. I spoke with him on the 'phone and we exchanged texts and an appointment was agreed. Today, I drove 250 miles from my home in Swansea to Camborne for the work to be done but when I arrived there, I was told by Mike Roberts (of Mike Roberts Garage next to Paul's place), that Paul had sadly passed away and his funeral in tomorrow morning. This would explain why I have had no reply to my texts sent yesterday and today. Sad news indeed.

I was also told that as Paul held the pattern and/or copyright, no one can make and fit Beeney Boxes until his estate is dealt with. I have done a round trip of 500 miles only to find a sad situation.

So, my question is does anyone on this forum know of anyone who makes and fits anything like the Beeney Boxes underslung lockers? Can anyone recommend someone who can do this work?

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Beeny Boxes have come up lots on Fun, check some of the answers to this search
Broken Link Removed

Here's one that came up:
There is/was a company making Genie drawers in Yorkshire
http://www.jhcaravan.com/

OP
OP
L

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
Thanks, as Beeny Boxes are pretty much closed for now and maybe forever unless someone takes on the business at a later date, I appreciate you letting me know about Genie Drawers. I'll drop them an email and ask if they can help me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
@longdog Be aware, I seem to remember somebody saying that Genie Drawers were MUCH heavier than Beeny Boxes.

OP
OP
L

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
OK, thanks for the heads-up. I think I have plenty of weight capacity so it should be fine, but I will certainly check this first. (y)

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Looking at it from another angle. The boxes are not cheap, what about fitting an under slung gas tank and use the existing gas locker for storage. That way you gain cheaper gas and more storage.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
Ivory55, good point! I hadn't thought of that!

There's more than one way to skin a cat! Thanks for the suggestion. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back