Been To The NEC Show ? What's New? (1 Viewer)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Was there yesterday. 6 hours to drive down, overnight in Premier Inn (West Bromwich, why?), 8 full hours at show, 6 hours to drive back.
Knackered.
Had a "short" list of 12 vans to look at, 11 of them were there. Decided on one that wasn't even on the long list!!
Did a deal today with a dealer local to me, so all the effort was worth it.
Found some time to look at accessories, wouldn't bother again. Too busy. If you know what you want, get it online. If you don't know what you want, you don't need it.
There are stalls for campsites, clubs etc, in between the main halls. For me, they just created "pinch points" and slowed us up getting to see what we were there for - motorhomes.
If you live in or within 100 miles of the Birmingham area, you have my sympathies. For someone who lives in Fife, the traffic both ways was absolutely hellish.

Jeez.....like getting blood out of a stone from some of you lot...what is it you teeze:)

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Jeez.....like getting blood out of a stone from some of you lot...what is it you teeze:)
You must be 'evvin a larf mate. Blood from a stone is it? You, who'll travel thousands of miles to, like, Belgiumland, to save a few quid and do Honest Jim (a well known British dealer) out of his BUPA membership?
Queen Nicola's got your card well marked, you tart.
Can't find the right Smiley for this so get this one right up you. :mad:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
You must be 'evvin a larf mate. Blood from a stone is it? You, who'll travel thousands of miles to, like, Belgiumland, to save a few quid and do Honest Jim (a well known British dealer) out of his BUPA membership?
Queen Nicola's got your card well marked, you tart.
Can't find the right Smiley for this so get this one right up you. :mad:

Weird accent for a jock...come on spill:)

If your to embarresed fairy snuff...

Ha ha ha...FYI Belgium 3 hrs from my house. Also i'm not enquish!lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Weird accent for a jock...come on spill:)
Nope, Jock to the core.
Quite looking forward to getting steamrollered in the RWC quarter finals on Saturday, safe in the knowledge that the Engerland boys won't be getting a Semi (final place, that is, of course).

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Peps may well go and look but if they have half a brain they will buy in Germany:)

I'm going to have a large scotch now thanks to you...
Are you trying to say that us who have bought off a uk dealer have half a brain:eek:
Brian & Jo

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hope you're going to wear your badge so we'll know who you are :D

I was going to wear my badge honest, but I forgot it.

I will be the one in shorts and sandals with my pockets stitches up so I can't get my cheque book out.

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Peps may well go and look but if they have half a brain they will buy in Germany:)

I'm going to have a large scotch now thanks to you...

I did a little exercise where I looked at the van Southdowns were advertising and then I priced the same van from the German price list that I have and to be honest there was not much in it. For us it might depend on what van it is as Southdowns for example is a long way, we could certainly get to Belgium or Germany far easier.

Martin

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Enjoyable but long day at the show today. Nice to see @ShiftZZ & @The Happy Hooker, @Geordie and the Dragon and @ludo but otherwise no Fun badged punters roaming the aisles :D
There were far more accessory stands than last time we went, 7 or 8 years ago.
Lots of shiny new vans but we only saw one that came close to being a replacement for our Burstner, a Frankia T-72 FD. At £65,550 though I think we will hang on to our van a while longer. Not worth the difference just to get a new van :D

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well I don't know where the day whent, the show looked much the same as last year and the year before. Only saw one Funsters badge and they were busy chatting, briefly saw @andy63 but apologies for not chatting. The RS vans looked good!.

Martin

bluebob

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2013
West Lothian
Funster No
MH
Knaus 650 MEG
Exp
Since July 2013, moved from towing caravans
It is a toss up between Pilote G740C and Carthago C Tourer I 150 and we are now leaning towards the Carthago.
Difficult to get the lounge space that we had in our RV but compromise is often necessary.

We bought the I740 when we went to the February show although we went for the Bavaria version as swmbo preferred the interior. Absolutely love it and impressed with quality and service. Oakwell are in Barnsley so as we are from Scotland it's a bit more more local than most. Paula and Tom from Oakwell were great and worth a chat.

Enjoy whatever you go for.

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
We had a great day.

Saw a lovely Burstner t740... Priced at £58K with what we wanted. I was tempted, but the Beauty Terrorist made the very sensible observation that our current van, does everything we need and apart from the Island bed (current van has a fixed bed) and leather upholstery in the Burstner, her view was why spend another £28K...

Sometimes being sensible can be so frustrating.....

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Cleaning "Bubble" skinned units... 6 inch Square of pile carpet,the pile gets into every crook and nanny..... HAD YOU FORGOT!!?
Tea Bag

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Martin. .I could see you were busy and it was a bit rude butting in, but we were dashing and I didn't want to just pass you without saying hi.. hope you didn't mind...
Ta Andy. .

Of course not good to see you, we were nearly finished actually.

Martin

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Off to the Show today - will have a good look around & post anything interesting, any show codes or offers that we can find or negotiate :active: :)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
We got food poisoning last time we went. Ate at a subway, wife vegetarian im not...think it was the salad.

Just be careful you don't get stuck with old stock at over inflated prices..factory order best..Above all don't listen to dealer nonsense, make your own minds up. Flash eye candy dont make for a trouble free owner experience...

Hope you are ok now.

Weve had food poisoning four times at various Subway swill bins around the UK and Europe. It's safer to rummage through supermarket bins than eat there.

Aparantly according to a friend of mine today the salesmen / women are on top form trying to sell. They are talking more crap and telling many more lies. I didn't think that was possible from these people.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Hope you are ok now.

Weve had food poisoning four times at various Subway swill bins around the UK and Europe. It's safer to rummage through supermarket bins than eat there.

Aparantly according to a friend of mine today the salesmen / women are on top form trying to sell. They are talking more crap and telling many more lies. I didn't think that was possible from these people.

Blimey and there we us thinking our bad subway a one off experience. But that salad probably sent to 100's of stores:(
It was years ago anyway.

Re show my views well known would not go near them.....incidentally I looked up one van mentioned and it was £50k cheaper in Germany. expression came to mind.....A fool and his money easily parted.:D

Last edited:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just read today Fiat were supposed to have a 4 x 4 Ducato on display. Did anyone see it?

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Disappointed Rapido didn't have a 665 on show. Some really nice new single bedded vans. Burstner salesman said he/they had sold 8 Ixeo 680s by this morning. Some cosmetic changes on some models seemed to be a bit retrograde to me, just fashion, but what do I know?

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Just read today Fiat were supposed to have a 4 x 4 Ducato on display. Did anyone see it?
Yes it was on the FIAT professional stand with the gearbox mockup on it. It was Grey with bloXXy great knobblies on it, they called it an expedition van.

Reactions: DBK
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Does anyone know if Hymer have the B544 on display I really want to see one in the flesh

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Does anyone know if Hymer have the B544 on display I really want to see one in the flesh
Yep, believe it is ....commented to Les about it.....also saw the fiat 4x4 but didnt appreciate what it was:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Only did about a third of the Show today but will have all day tomorrow too :) So far tempted by new narrow 215cm Dethleffs but must resist... Have negotiated 5% Funster discount with Van Comfort, & hope to have a discount with UK importer of Froli - more details to follow. Also picking up Show discount codes for websites - so far just Towsure code RTCM953 for 10% off from 1st November until 31st December. We do love a deal (y)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Surprised you saw bubble aluminium skin..on what vans? It was popular as its lighter weight then flat profile but disappeared years back...as you say difficult to keep smart.
So far have seen the horrid bubble finish on Knaus motorhomes :eek: Looks like the Germans don't always get it right!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Dreamer PVC , Fleurette & Florium are all nice but nothing special at first look. Overall the prices are lower throughout than last year so not many salespeople harassing us as too busy taking orders!

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I saw it today... It looked a bit Barry boy daft to me to be honest...
There was one massive MH the size of a bus that actually had a wee car in the garage at the back !
Nice but he can't have a nice A frame .....

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back