Been Tasked With Finding A Dog For Woman (1 Viewer)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
.. Isaac Willow is his registered name.. Though apparently the poor thing is to be called Dillon :whistle: :ROFLMAO:

I cannot get the picture of you walking round the site shouting Isaac Willow, Isaac Willow, come here out of my mind!:LOL::LOL::LOL:
And surely Dillon in the Magic Roundabout wasn't a Cocker Spaniel?

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I did question the Dillon bit..
Apparently it is in memory of her favourite aunt and uncle.. Lord knows how THAT works !!

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
You sometimes get Cockerpoos for rehoming on Preloved or Pets for homes....what about Battersea?

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
As said above Cat, pooch now sourced and deposit paid :)
But thank you for your input and suggestions :)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The one she has got ( will get.. date of collection is the 16th of May )

Unless delays in quality control and even then it's sure to go back to have the step fixed or screw a leg back on or have the tail straightened or something.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Brian, sooner or later our luck has GOT to be really good ( at least as good as it has been bad !! )
We are keeping various bits of anatomy firmly crossed !!!

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
Oh dear that is a sad story.! but 14 is a good age and it was the Vet that she was running from my dogs never forget and shake uncontrollably when we go there.

I Chadoodle is a lovely dog , my next door neighbour has recently bought one, she doesn't molt and her tail wags ten to the dozen when she see, you whe has a lovely nature. Splash out and buy a pup it could take forever to find the one you want.

I have two Chihuahua,s only the female will have any truck with strangers though !! we don't really need an alarm either !!

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Talk about close call !!!!
'Dillon' nearly wrecked next years winter jaunt already !!!!

The thing cannot have a rabies shot until it is 4 months old..
D O B 10/03/15
So cannot have its shots for the passport until 10/07/15

Dog cannot return to the UK until 6 months after the rabies shot, 10/01/16
Fortunately we will not be back for another 2 months after that but it scared me for a minute afore I worked it all out !!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Dog cannot return to the UK until 6 months after the rabies shot, 10/01/16

????????

Never heard that one before. I think someone's feeding you duff info there. That would mean 10 months old before he could do a short trip. Ours is 10 months old now and has been to France twice.

He travelled out 4 weeks after his shot and back a week later. He wasn't even 6 months old when we first took him, had his injection at about 14 weeks, travelled a month later.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
its much less than that now john and its the date you come back no one else gives a hoot about jabs its just coming back in on the ferry they dont charge or check the dog going out

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
That info is on the DEFRA site.. I am sending the DEFRA hit squad round both your houses right this minute !!!! :rofl::rofl:

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
Broken Link Removed

Here is all the information you need.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Bloody DEFRA !!!!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
That info is on the DEFRA site.. I am sending the DEFRA hit squad round both your houses right this minute !!!! :rofl::rofl:

Badly out of date by the sound of it.

Also when you come to get him/her vaccinated, rabies jabbed,chipped and the pet passport there's a recent thread about how much some vets rip people off. Some of the numbers people were saying were scary. It's worth a search and a read. (y)

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ok guys.. get ready for a big AWWWWW (y)

The folk we are getting Dillon from just sent me a picture..

Dillon at 7 weeks

Dillon 7 weeks old.jpg

Reactions: Ven
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Such a little cutie. Bless him.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Putting the requirement for a mongrel makes things difficult. The breeds have specifications such as intelligence, moulting, weight, temperament.

Insisting on a mongrel makes your ultimate pick a bit of a raffle.

The things that mattered when we chose our dog amounted to
1. I don't want it to bark all day long and annoy the neighbours
2. I don't want it to be aggressive and be eager to fight other dogs
3. I want to be able to train it to come when I shout for it
4. I want to be able to let it off the lead and not worry that it will disappear

We chose a retriever. After 14 years her back legs were well and truly gone. She would not sleep downstairs and I had to carry her back legs up behind her every night.

There came the day when she had to be put to sleep. I put her in the camper and drove to the vets. I sobbed and sobbed endlessly on the journey and all my silly chatter to her was to tell her how sorry I was. I ought to have been more sensible and made her happy and content but instead I needed my futile and constant tears in my attempt to make me feel better. We arrived at the vets and I opened the side door. Her legs could not possibly take her weight and arthritic problems but she jumped out anyway and she ran for her life. She was never going to run far and catching her could never be a struggle. Of course I caught her, took her in and sat with her until the end. I am so sorry and so sad. It's 3 years ago now but I still feel like a complete piece of shit for making her final journey all about me and not a bit about her.... Sorry Rosie.
Well worth the few bob extra to get the vet to come to you - much less stress for you and your dog. I've arranged it that way for the last two and wouldn't have it any other way. Most recent 8 year old Dylan my Greyhound (pic in avatar) in January due to Lymphoma. I know how you feel.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I look at it this way, your couple of weeks/ months of grieving are nothing in comparison to the 10 years of happiness you both get, more importantly you've given the dog a decent life, not doing that because of the inevitable ending is selfish, and we're all guilty of thinking that way
And the best thing you can do for the one you've lost is take another one that needs the sort of life you can offer.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I did question the Dillon bit..
Apparently it is in memory of her favourite aunt and uncle.. Lord knows how THAT works !!
My rescue Whippet has a pedigree name of "Run Boy Run". Not good when recall training.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
When we were at the local Greyhound Trust the other day delivering a campervan load of duvets (courtesy of where we used to work) for the rescue dogs in the kennels, we were shown a lovely 'Will' which they were going to use to promote the re-homing of their dogs which seems appropriate to this thread:

A Dog's Last Will and Testament

Before humans die, they write their last will and testament, give their home and all they have to those they leave behind. If, with my paws, I could do the same, this is what I'd say ...

To a poor and lonely stray I'd give my happy home; my bowl and cosy bed, soft pillow and all my toys; the lap, which I loved so much; the hand that stroked my fur; and the sweet voice that spoke my name.

I'd will to the sad, scared shelter dog the place I had in my human's loving heart, of which there seemed no bounds.

So, when I die, please do not say, "I will never have a pet again, for the loss and pain is more than I can stand".

Instead, go find an unloved dog, one whose life has held no joy or hope, and give my place to him.

This is the only thing I can give ...

The love I left behind.

Anon.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back