Been fulltiming since Sept 2017 .

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by kip, Feb 11, 2018.

1. kip

kip Funster

Ratings:
    +455
    In our Bessie and have enjoyed every minute, ...:):).so have decided to carry on for the foreseeable future (house rented for the next few years) ..We were intially sold on a euramobile integra 850 advertised on mobile.de.which we intended to view on our way back home, But a french couple on the campsite we're we are camped at have decided to sell their motorhome along with everything else.Aready sold their tent annexe,motor bike trailer & a shed load of camping equipment leaving just this... 20180210_104005.jpg 20180210_103733.jpg a levoyaguer series 11..2010 on a Mercedes chassis with 3 litre auto Immaculate inside and out.Really tempted, have a gentlemen's agreement on the price with 2 weeks grace.We really love the van but a little apprehensive with it being a private sale in a foreign country .Any thoughts advice would be most welcome.Regards Chris.

• Like it Like it x 2
  2. CazPaul

CazPaul Funster

Ratings:
    +3,627
    Looks a beauty that does, depending on price, condition, service record, mileage etc.

• Like it Like it x 1
  3. Decaf

Decaf Funster

Ratings:
    +256
    As with any such potential purchase - its crucial to establish that the van is their's to sell.

• Like it Like it x 7
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 2
  4. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

Ratings:
    +6,673
    youll have to come home to import it how will you insure it?see brewery daves thread re importing from france
    probably easiest to get them to deliver to gb and pay their fares

• Like it Like it x 1
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  5. kip

kip Funster

Ratings:
    +455
    Hi cazpaul it really is a stunner, has full service history 49000 klms ,owned it from new also has all the bells & whistles IE hydraulic levelling air assisted suspension ,satelite, built in generator,masarater toilet the list goes on.Wanted €65000 managed to negotiate down to €62.500.

• Like it Like it x 2
  6. kip

kip Funster

Ratings:
    +455
    No reason to think it isn't theirs, have their names, home address etc they even have me a photo copy of the log book, but do take on board you point.

7. CazPaul

CazPaul Funster

Ratings:
    +3,627

Sounds good, what the length and what is the GVW weight and payload? Long overhang on the rear?

8. kip

kip Funster

Ratings:
    +455
    Length approx 8.76 m GVW 5000KG not sure of the payload but they had loads more gear than we would ever use lol..The biggest hurdle as mitzimad mentioned is the importing side.Will have a look at brewery Dave's post...

• Like it Like it x 1
  9. Bart

Bart Funster

Ratings:
    +1,422
    @kip It Looks lovely :)

10. CazPaul

CazPaul Funster

Ratings:
    +3,627

With that length and 5000kg, all the accessories, built in Genny, extra batteries, solar etc, could be tight on payload. It can be uprated to 5300kg as a paper exercise which is what you would need. What is the quoted payload from le voyageur?
    Maybe need a weigh bridge in full travelling mode.

• Like it Like it x 1
  11. kip

kip Funster

Ratings:
    +455
    Thanks ,Will do some more research, but I'm pretty sure payload won't be much of an issue as we are fulltiming at the moment in our Bessie and have everything we need on board lol.

12. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +25,089
    Looks and sounds a beautiful van, in the UK we can of course check the ownership out by gov web sites also check there not cloned I wonder if @yodeli knows if this one could be checked out with the French equivalent.
    I'm sure it is all above board but you could see how a scam could be pulled there, your living your dream, so a few extra checks are worth preserving it.

• Like it Like it x 5
  13. Northernraider

Northernraider Funster

Ratings:
    +15,409
    Looks a nice van

• Like it Like it x 1
  14. BreweryDave

BreweryDave Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +8,363
    They are a nice van, looked at a few myself. The logbook is the Carte Gris, you need that, and they have to de-register it in France, the other must have is the CoC, without that you won’t be able to register it! As above mentioned, I have just imported from France and am half way through re registration in the U.K. right now. Mine was from a dealer so I know the paperwork was correct, de registered and the French equivalent of an HPI certificate too. Have a read of my thread and I’m happy to help if I know anything for you, will post a link......

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/importing-from-france.166032/

• Like it Like it x 4
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +12,047
    I can have a look on the governement website and see if they mention anything about it. Might take a little bit of time though as I'm going to have my son, DIL and.... Grand daughter for 3 days here.... Every minute will be used cuddling her:love::love::love::):)

• Like it Like it x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  16. yodeli

Ratings:
    +12,047
    @kip So you have seen the couple selling it? Any chance I could have the phone number of the campsite? I could then talk to the manager and see if they have come there more then once, or even if he has a copy of their carte grise. Could be worth a try ! Don't forget to mention me (@yodeli) to make sure I'll find your post/answer.
    Amicalement
    Frankie(y)

• Like it Like it x 6
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. kip

kip Funster

Ratings:
    +455
    Thanks Dave, have seen the CoC & have a photocopy of the logbook.I've spoke to the owners wife Monique at length who speaks better English than me lol & she explained all that needs to be done. Quite along drawn out affair but should be worth it in the long run.I think my.They seem pretty genuine and have said a small deposit will secure the sale.I guess my next step is finding out the French equivalent of an hpi. wish me luck lol.

18. kip

kip Funster

Ratings:
    +455
    Hi yodeli, thank you for that it's camping mar Azul,balerma.The English guy (tony )who bought he's motorbike trailer is following them back to their home address as we speak.(St cyprien) also putting him & the missus up for the night so I well speak too him. They are expected back onThursday.

19. Barclaybasher

Barclaybasher Funster

Ratings:
    +12,430
    The first question I ever ask is "Why are you selling?" - looks a great van by the way, good luck(y)

20. yodeli

Ratings:
    +12,047
    Oh heck ... Spanish then ! LOL I thought you were in France. Must have read too quickly! Had it be French there was no prob to speak to the manager.
    At least I have an indication about the town . Saint Cyprien is down south by the sea.
    I see what I can find anyway.

Edit : Is it 66 at the end of the plate?

• Like it Like it x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1