Been a bit of a washout....!!!! (1 Viewer)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Arrived in torrential rain and got soaked setting up...

Rain eased off, so went down the harbour for some fish "n" chips.... Not bad they were...

Back to m-home for a few bevvies and early night....

Used 2 air bottles last night only got 2 left and portable doofry thingy, which makes a noise, so cannot have that on through the night..

This morning it was blowing a hooley, but sunny and warm.... so walked down the harbour and took Daisy on the beach...

Nice cuppa frothy coffee at one of the cafe`s and then it came over black as hell.... so scrubbed round our lunch out... :frowny: then set of back to the site.... just got back and the heavens opened...

The brisk walk back nearly did for me, and not much of an incline to our pitch.... had lunch and been asleep with machine throbbing away for 4 hrs....

My ailments certainly seem to be getting worse by the week.... upsetting and really get`s to me when I think 2 -3 years ago I was working my socks off getting the CL sorted and loved every minute of it..

Anyway will put a few photo`s on tomorrow afternoon.... going to cut short and go home in the morning...

Daisy has enjoyed her walks and it has been a break for Judy...

Sorry,,,, no jokes tomorrow... I am linked up to Judy`s phone for wi-fi and don`t want to use all her time...

Just seen the forecast for down here for October.....

Much, much colder and SNOW.................. :Eeek::cold::cold::doh:

TTFN...........:drinks::hugs::*

Oct 31, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Carthago T149
Exp
Since 2016
Hopefully this weather blows over soon. Its nice when the weather is a bit poor to tuck away in a snug cafe and grab a coffee (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Sorry,,,, no jokes tomorrow... I am linked up to Judy`s phone for wi-fi and don`t want to use all her time...

Much, much colder and SNOW.................. :Eeek::cold::cold::doh:

TTFN...........:drinks::hugs::*
1633289673251.png
Here`s one for you Mo,

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Photo`s as promised.... :smiley:

One minute it was sunny then blowing a gale and persistently raining... :doh:

Can we go down on the beach, Dad.......... "NO".....

DSC02268 (600 x 450).jpg

OK.......... You win, but no swimming....

DSC02273 (600 x 450).jpg

Waiting for a frothy coffee... and I don`t care if I do look a dick in me beany hat.... It was bloody cold...
DSC02274 (600 x 450).jpg

West bay harbour, and the monstrosity of flat`s they have built in a conversation area.. (I think.)
DSC02275 (600 x 450).jpg

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC

View attachment 544594

View attachment 544596

Waiting for a frothy coffee... and I don`t care if I do look a dick in me beany hat.... It was bloody cold...
View attachment 544598

West bay harbour, and the monstrosity of flat`s they have built in a conversation area.. (I think.)
View attachment 544599
Suits you sir 👍🏻

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now

View attachment 544594

View attachment 544596

View attachment 544598

View attachment 544599
We were at Freshwater beach last week, it was like a hurricane and pi$$ing down 24/7 all week, so it was sit in the moho and read books, but we did get away

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
Was there in July Mo, when we had the sunny week! 30 degrees too. On a rally that’s on the field opposite the laundrette. £15 or 16 pn, campsite adjoining £25pn.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
First time I have seen Daisy, Crikey she is a big girl, have you ever thought of putting a saddle on her & riding back to the van:LOL:
Best wishes to you & Judy, Daisy also.
Yes, it only feels like 5 minutes since you had the polish guys in to do the footings and build the shed on your CL up north, mind you, using that analogy you only cut the grass twice & owned it 10 minutes.:giggle:;) Such a shame we missed the Funster Rally, but loved seeing the pictures of it afterwards.(y)
Keep, well mate.
Les & TinaL

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
We were at Freshwater beach last week, it was like a hurricane and pi$$ing down 24/7 all week, so it was sit in the moho and read books, but we did get away
we were obviously at Fresh water at the wrong time of year (weather wise) but it's the BIGGEST camp we've ever been to, massive touring site, must be able to pitch a few hundred campers/moho's. It was very strange the way they market food in their restaurant, I'v attached the menu, you check it out ????
211007 Freshwater menu-01 001.jpg
211007 Freshwater menu-02 001.jpg

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
I forgot to mention earlier that they don’t serve anything on plates, everything is served as a takeaway 🥡 in a box ??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back