Helen Ariel
Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
DSC_4652.JPG

She's home. Time for her humans to wait on her hand and foot. She is so skinny now! The photo the vet showed me of the tumour was unbelievable. I feel so bad as we thought she was getting a bit tubby as she's less active these day. Home made chicken and rice dinners for the foreseeable.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Helen Ariel
Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Well we're all feeling much more positive today. Beech has improved leaps and bounds over the last 2 days. She pretty much seems her normal self today and we had a check up at the vets. They are really pleased and tested her urine and blood and all is good with her kidneys. I still can't get over how skinny she looks now. She's enjoying having 3 meals a day for sure.

We are also looking forward to our last 2 weeks here now as the forecast (surf and weather) is looking great and our closest neighbours who we've become great friends with have changed their plans to stay on too instead of leaving on Monday. We are all going for a surf tomorrow, having a bbq with fish from the market and then a fire with marshmallows and chocolate and bananas in the embers. We've all been a bit flat the last week with poor weather and everything else so it's nice to have something planned.

DSC_4657.JPG

Our little row of lovely German neighbours. The space next to the red van is where we have a fire pit. This was 6pm today. Wonderful to see the sun after a gloomy, damp week. The British receptionist at the vets said it's the worst winter since she's lived here 30 years.
DSC_4661.JPG

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
So pleased to hear Beech is doing so well and good to hear of weather improvements and the plans of you and your new friends.
It is good to read something positive.😁

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Healing powers of hounds never cease to amaze.
Beech, although feeling sore, is probably also feeling a whole lot better not lugging a huge tumour about, nor having it squeeze her organs.
Is it being tested for malignancy?
Or is there no real point.

OP
OP
Helen Ariel
Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Healing powers of hounds never cease to amaze.
Beech, although feeling sore, is probably also feeling a whole lot better not lugging a huge tumour about, nor having it squeeze her organs.
Is it being tested for malignancy?
Or is there no real point.
Yes being tested but 2/3rds of these are benign and her bloods and scans didn't show signs of cancer so 🤞🤞

OP
OP
Helen Ariel
Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
So pleased for you and Beech.
Don't go and feed her too much, she looks good!
No we've always kept her trim but we had reduced her food as we thought she was getting fat but it was all tumour and now she looks too thin and ribby when standing up.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So glad beech is on the mend ....its horrible when they are poorly.

Have you got residency in Portugal now or are you planning on heading home for end of march?

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
I’m well late to the thread , the thread title never enticed me in lol , I’m here now &
thoroughly enjoying it , thanks for taking the time to post you’re travel adventures , wishing you well , regards Kenny & Tracy d 👍

OP
OP
Helen Ariel
Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Any updates on Beech?Trust everything is ok with you three (y)

She has made an amazing recovery, thanks for asking. Obviously that means we are good too! 😉

Weather has picked up and is 18c and sunny most days, plus the surf has been consistent so our days are spent bbqing and surfing. Some beer is being drunk too!

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Fantastic! So glad Beech is fine. Apart from making me jealous (again),the wild flower photo reminds me of those on the cliff top walks near you. Lots of blues and yellows and purples on plants seemingly growing on bare rock,and oblivious to the strong winds. They all have them as you know,but Carrapateira springs to mind.

OP
OP
Helen Ariel
Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Fantastic! So glad Beech is fine. Apart from making me jealous (again),the wild flower photo reminds me of those on the cliff top walks near you. Lots of blues and yellows and purples on plants seemingly growing on bare rock,and oblivious to the strong winds. They all have them as you know,but Carrapateira springs to mind.
This was on the cliffs near Beliche. Lot's of Spring colours here now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back