May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Hi

I'm doing a bit of shopping for our new to us motorhome. I recently bought double sized bedding for our caravan which had a fixed bed but the bed configuration in the motorhome is different. The MH beds are singles with a shorter bit in the middle which can be filled in with an insert to make the bed across the whole of the width of the vehicle. I think that my double duvet won't be large enough as the total area is too wide but as the bedding is so new (only used for 2 weeks) I don't want to get rid of it. I'm thinking of buying one set of single sized bedding which can be used alongside the double. I can get duvet sets to match so it won't look odd.

Does anyone use this configuration. I can't see that it won't work... but you never know!

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Although we don't have the same bed construction as yours (a straightforward fixed french bed) we use a double sheet below but then two singles above - 2 reasons - Him Indoors gets cold at night so he has a duvet, I get hot so have a thin fleece blanket - also it makes it much easier for getting in and out depending on who's already there!
I seem to remember seeing a TV programme ages ago that suggested this is the norm in some countries. It works!

Upvote 0
Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Our mattress is a bit hard so after some trial and error on our double bed configuration we are now using 2 single memory foam toppers, 2 single sleeping bags to lie on, then 2 single duvets on top. Seems quite cosy and we each have control of our duvets!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We had just spent 200 quid on a new duvet & covers for the van only used if a few times them changed vans for one with two singles, getting a good nights sleep is important so stumped up another 250 quid for a couple of single duvets & covers, we can still use the double on the drop down front bed if we want.

Upvote 0
Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
JOur Burstner Elegance has 2 single beds with a pull forward slide out and cushion that creates a massive rear bed. I first bought king sized sheet and duvet to cover all in one go .... It didnt work ... Always seemed to be remaking the bed and the duvet wasnt big enough.
We now use a single sheets on each side (special fitted would at some point be better) and a folded up sheet that just sits on top of the cushion in the centre, when we pull centre forward the cushion unfolds and folded sheet just unfolds by a 1/3rd and covers all the middle cushion.
We use double duvets in winter on each side really cosy with 1/2 underneath and in summer abroad we have 2 single 4 tog duvets which can be under or over. It is really easy in the morning for me to nip to the loo push back the middle section flip back the folded sheet by 1/3rd and safely put a small tray with a hot cuppa in the middle, husband isnt disturbed and we arnt too hot/cold at all. So think another single would work for you too. Hope this helps. This pic shows similar model.

image.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Thanks very much for your replies.

I think I'm going to go with keeping the double, at least at first, and buy one lot of single bedding. If necessary I can always use the double one in the drop down bed if it doesn't work.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Don't buy anything new, try with what you have first.
Can't help with configuration as we have 2 doubles.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back