Bedford nipper (1 Viewer)

Steveandhayley

Free Member
Apr 28, 2019
Funster No
Hiya!
Just to let anyone that's interested that we are selling our Bedford Nipper on eBay at the moment

So we can upgrade to 4-5 berth

The Nipper is becoming rare and collectable, its a great starter motorhome

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Are you becoming members of Fun or are you just trying to use it to sell your van?

Just wondering.

JJ :cool:
Nothing wrong with that as a funster might be interested and the OP might then see the light and become a full member! (y)

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
If you join here you can advertise it on this forum.....well worth it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you join here you can advertise it on this forum.....well worth it.
They have joined ... just not paid up to be a full-fledged subscriber ... there's nothing in the joining terms etc to say you can't advertise on the site if you don't subscribe ...

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
If YOU say so...

Have I pee'd YOU off JJ????? o_O Surely if someone wants to join simply to post an advert what harm does it do? If a funster buys the MH then it has benefitted the funster, and the seller, if not then the seller may decide to subscribe when they find out what a great place this is, grumpy funsters and all .... :D

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If you think it is ok to use your free posts to advertise a van you have for sale without intending to become a member, then so be it...

Have you noticed that Fun's Classified Ads section is only available to members?

I wonder why that is?

Still... I'm sure you know best.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Oh dear ...

You're usually much more 'tolerant' and laid back so I assume something has rattled you? :confused: Have the slugs eaten your lettuces or something? :eek:

How do you know the seller doesn't intend to become a member in the future? They are wanting a larger MH and may well come back to ask questions and gleam info and help, I'd rather encourage people to at least look at the forum, even if it is only with the intention of 'selling' something, at least they see it and may then subscribe and what may originally have been a way to advertise their MH for free could well end up with another fully-fledged funster. (y)

I'm sure many people join other forums and use free posts simply to get the info they want, or advertise stuff, and don't then subscribe, even funsters! :rolleyes:

The Classified Ad section is only available for subscribers but as Jim has to approve new members' posts with links/photos he must be happy with the OP doing what he has otherwise it wouldn't appear in the first place.

I'd rather encourage people to come on the forum and have a 'taste' of it than not at all ... :)

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
They have joined ... just not paid up to be a full-fledged subscriber ... there's nothing in the joining terms etc to say you can't advertise on the site if you don't subscribe ...
Yes,point taken.
You are clarifying the difference between joining and subscribing I take it.
In my opinion,which I readily admit doesn’t count for a lot,advertising should only be allowed once you have subscribed i.e.paid.
BUT it ain’t my forum and it ain’t that important!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yes,point taken.
You are clarifying the difference between joining and subscribing I take it.
In my opinion,which I readily admit doesn’t count for a lot,advertising should only be allowed once you have subscribed i.e.paid.
BUT it ain’t my forum and it ain’t that important!!
Your opinion is as valid as anyone else's, but if Jim allows it then who are we to question that?

OP
OP
S

Steveandhayley

Free Member
Apr 28, 2019
Funster No
Woah!
Didn't mean to rattle anyone's cage!

JJ
We have only been into motorhoming for the last 2 years
And want to sell ours to upgrade..... It wasn't until selling our Bedford Nipper that I even found out such forums exsisted... We had no idea there was such a thing.

We thought we might be doing someone a favour that might of been looking for one of these.

We would definitely be interested in becoming a fully fledged member of a friendly forum!

Thanks to the rest of you for your kind words
Happy motorhoming everyone

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
We would definitely be interested in becoming a fully fledged member of a friendly forum!
I'm sure you'd find it invaluable, as a subscriber you can access Jim's (site owner) excellent Buyer's Guide which will no doubt help you in your quest for a new MH, and also his Security Guide too, both of which would normally cost £7.99 for non-subscribers, then of course there are the discounts for fully-fledged members too from some suppliers and also £5 discounts on the cost of camping over at most outdoor MH shows plus you get to stay in the area with other funsters and partake of the fun and games (or not if you prefer to chill with peace and quiet).

As for JJ ... he lives in Portugal and has a penchant for Frey Bentos pies so if it's not having nibbled lettuces that's upsetting him, he's probably run out of his favourite pies!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Ooooo ... nearly forgot ... if you do go to shows where MHF has a stand you get free tea/coffee and biscuits ... and sometimes cake! :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back