Rally Chat Bedale Acoustic Music Festival,North Yorkshire (1 Viewer)

BAMfest

Free Member
Jan 16, 2015
Bedale
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
just looking
Hi everyone. What a great forum this is!

I'd like to tell you all about our acoustic music festival - BAMfest - which is held in the North Yorkshire town of Bedale at the end of May (May 29-31st 2015).
Bedale is just off junction 51 of the A1 so is easy to access from North or South. We haver two campsites with plenty of room for motorhomes.

This is our third festival and we pride ourselves in offering a wide cross-section of acoustic music - from folk to blues to gypsy jazz - and everything in between.

The festival is held on a children's farm in the centre of Bedale, which is the gateway to the Yorkshire Dales.

Please visit our website - www.bamfest.co.uk - for more details.

Thanks

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Hi everyone. What a great forum this is!

I'd like to tell you all about our acoustic music festival - BAMfest - which is held in the North Yorkshire town of Bedale at the end of May (May 29-31st 2015).
Bedale is just off junction 51 of the A1 so is easy to access from North or South. We haver two campsites with plenty of room for motorhomes.

This is our third festival and we pride ourselves in offering a wide cross-section of acoustic music - from folk to blues to gypsy jazz - and everything in between.

The festival is held on a children's farm in the centre of Bedale, which is the gateway to the Yorkshire Dales.

Please visit our website - www.bamfest.co.uk - for more details.

Thanks

We were at Bamfest last year and did enjoy it. We were in our motorhome on BSLC field. Have even put a link in the "groups" section about Bamfest 2015.

If your involved with the organisation of Bamfest could I ask a couple of questions here ?

1, why is there no telephone number on the Bamfest website so that any questions not covered on the website can be answered ? It's really annoying to see a website which does not have contact details.

2, the camping fields are open from Thursday at 2pm, but is there any entertainment on before Friday? If not, what's the point of coming before Friday?

3, on the ticket sales page it gives prices for "camping" is that the same price for bringing a Motorhome? IE you don't charge for the vehicle, just the occupants?

4, if several people from this site wanted to come along do you have any facilities for arranging to site them together?

5, any chance of seeing which acts are on which days ? IE a running order, as right now you are offering day tickets, but without letting people know which acts are on which days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi geordies the website does have contact details and a hotline no.07925 817116(y)
Brian & Jo

OP
OP
B

BAMfest

Free Member
Jan 16, 2015
Bedale
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
just looking
Hi Geordies

Thanks for getting in touch.
On the Thursday night we usually have a free concert to kick off the festival weekend. In the past it has been well attended. All camping is priced per person per night. If you want to be allocated next to others then let us know via the website and we'll do our best.
The running order is yet to be finalised but I can tell you that Martin Stephenson & The Daintees are playing on the Friday, Blackbeard's Tea Party and Babajack are playing the Saturday, The Young'uns and Cathryn Craig and Brian Willoughby are playing on the Sunday.

I hope this is useful.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Looks interesting and maybe dog friendly ? Please tell me there's no morris dancing though :D

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Looks really good, think we will be going. Blackbeard's Tea Party are class!!

OP
OP
B

BAMfest

Free Member
Jan 16, 2015
Bedale
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
just looking
Dogs are welcome but only the BSLC campsite Please note that dogs are not allowed on the festival site as it is working farm.

Blackbeard's Tea Party are definitely class!

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
Several years now
hi geordies the website does have contact details and a hotline no.07925 817116(y)
Brian & Jo

I've looked and looked and I can't see that phone number, which part of the website is it on ? I can see a section that says contact, then under that is either "Press" or "Performers", neither of which contain a phone number.

OP
OP
B

BAMfest

Free Member
Jan 16, 2015
Bedale
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
just looking
Can't vouch for no dancers though. Partial to the sword dancing myself...

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
I've looked and looked and I can't see that phone number, which part of the website is it on ? I can see a section that says contact, then under that is either "Press" or "Performers", neither of which contain a phone number.
Just click on the word contact and don't click on the 2 drop down options(y)
Brian & Jo

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
Several years now
Tried that, it only brings up the options of Press or Performers, maybe a website glitch.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Unfortunately it clashes with the 60s Soul Survivors weekend otherwise we would definitely have been going.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Tried that, it only brings up the options of Press or Performers, maybe a website glitch.
More likely a browser glitch. It works for me. I've tried it with both Firefox & Chrome.

Click on the word Contact. Don't click on either of the two drop down options.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
Several years now
Well, we have booked up for this event. The booking process is a bit long winded tho, not very well designed at all.

So, we're in the MH on the Big Sheep Little Cow field Fri, Sat and Sunday nights.

If anyone else is going let us know.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back