ajondyh

Free Member
Jun 26, 2014
Buckley, North Wales. UK
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Hi all, I'm soon to be a newbie. Just bought a Geist Matterhorn 6 birth. The agent has told me that the bed sizes are as follows:-

The rear fixed bed is 53" x 82"
The bed over the cab is 56" x 80".

These don't seem like standard sizes to me and I wondered what everyone does for sheets and under covers etc for their motorhomes?

TIA
Andy

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I covered mattress on my fixed bed with a fitted mattress protector ( not perfect fit but ok)
Then I slept on one duvet in its cover, with another over me. I thought shaking out a duvet to sleep on was easier than refitting a sheet every day.

Upvote 0
Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi all, I'm soon to be a newbie. Just bought a Geist Matterhorn 6 birth. The agent has told me that the bed sizes are as follows:-

The rear fixed bed is 53" x 82"
The bed over the cab is 56" x 80".

These don't seem like standard sizes to me and I wondered what everyone does for sheets and under covers etc for their motorhomes?

TIA
Andy

We found that King sized fitted sheets were close enough for length. We took our mattress indoors, fitted the sheet loosely, turned it upside down and then sewed pleats/darts etc everywhere we wanted it tightened up on the underside. As our mattress isn't quite rectangular this was the easiest way of having a fitted sheet for it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
We find the nearest fitted sheet size OK. The only problem we had was the rear U shaped lounge makes into the largest bed I have seen. We had to search the internet for emperor fitted sheets.:thumb:

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
There are companies which will make custom sized fitted sheets, this is what we did. When I can find the receipt I'll post the name of who we used but there are several suppliers. Just Google "caravan custom fitted sheets" or words to that effect.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Duvalay sell fitted sheets for most models of van.

You tell them your make, model and year of van, they send you a drawing of the bed with dimensions on to check and amend if you need to.

We have a couple of sheets for our fixed bed and they fit perfectly. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
sheets

I have a memory foam topper. Then use a six foot wide fitted sheet from home and tuck it under all round with a duvet on top.
I looked at the duralay sheets but they are a loose weave. Made cheaply.
Good luck :)

Upvote 0
Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Jonic also make to measure sheets. I have a huge overcab and I use a super king mattress cover. Fogarty are one of the only companies to make a super king size. I use a double sleeping bag though not sheets, personal choice. ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well the fitted things to fit the 'French' beds and the oversized ones are utterly ridiculous in price. I mean I like good bedlinen, and buy cheap and end up buying twice is my motto - but I draw the line at £30 for one fitted sheet and £120 for a quilt cover and two pillow cases. Obscene prices - smacks of Oh look, here comes an idiot who has more money than sense.

No I haven't - I have sense, and I have money because I have sense. And you ain't having it ! :ROFLMAO:

We did find in the caravan because the seat cushions weren't as deep as a normal bed mattress, we could use an ordinary fitted sheet even though the thing was extra long across the width of the van, we aren't - so the slight rucking on the corners at the bottom of the bed really didn't bother us. If you happen to be 6ft 12ins, then it might !

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We splashed out on one fitted sheet for our fixed bed, which is not quite rectangular thoug it was pretty expensive. We travel with at least two sets of bedlinen, working on the basis that we should be able to wash them at least once in a fortnight, (in good weather we can wash, dry and put straight back on the bed). and have found that standard double bed size fit well enough. A duvet doesn't have to be an exact fit anyway.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back