Free Member
Aug 12, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER FLAIR
Exp
TWO YEARS
Hi I am at the stage of building the bed units .I want to have two seats facing each other so that I can have a removable table in the middle. And then to fill in the central section for the bed

I have got foam from a caravan which I can cut to size so no problem there.
What would you recommend for the total seat height to be comfortable and the bottom cushion depths. I have tried different mock up sizes and I am still unsure Would anyone who has finished beds in their conversion this way please give me some advice from their experience

Thanks for any help..... Bruce

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
On my van the seat dimensions are 15.5 inches from floor to top of seat base. Cushion (with cover) is 5.5 inches non-compressed.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
presumably you are going to fit the seats so you sleep lengthways in the van so length will be dictated by where you are fitting other equipment.

many panel van conversions have the lounging area in the rear next to the rear doors.
seat heights i would say finished height at around 18 inches high but it all depends on how long your legs are from the knee down this should give a good 12 inches of cupboard height under the seat allowing for the framework and around 4 inches of foam on top.

personally i would make the bases for the cushions out of lats rather than 5mm ply as the foam tends to need airflow to stop damp patches forming.

if you fit a 1 inch ledge on the front edge of each seat but under the cushion then make a lated base connected with webbing to fill the gap instead of using the table.

i will measure the height of the dining area seats in my motorhome if you wish although mine is not a panel van conversion the seat heights are around the same.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back