Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Nope not that !

Electric over-cab bed with 2 buttons one for up one for down, hold them both and it resets the hight. . . Simple.

Problem is last time as I held both buttons it wouldn't (and still hasn't reset), a 'clunk' followed by a whining motor ensued from the left hand side. I guess a belt or cog has sheared.

The bed is now firmly stuck in the up position and no amount of button pressing will convince it to drop down. It will however still try to reset with both pressed causing the lhs motor to whirl but not reset.

Please does anyone have any idea how I may lower the bed to get to the damaged part, I'm pulling my hair out to get it fixed before Upton blues.

Many many thanks

Antique

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Shouldn't you have a handle for winding it down manually in event of motor failure? Have a look around the motor the is probably a hole that accesses a large socket screw (10mm allen key?) if you can access that with an allen key will a slow painful process but should be able to get it down.
Only guess work don't have an electric bed but do have an electric blind & came with a handle.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If it is a Project 2000 bed then here is the reset many have used & sought out from the manufacturer by Spidey
Enter in programming mode after having switched on the panel. To enter the programming mode, hold the hidden button (between the button UP and DOWN) and the button UP for 7 seconds. The green LED light with the symbol of the key switches on. If it doesn’t, repeat the operation.
Put underneath the bed some supports able to hold the bed in the lowest position.
Press the button UP; the bed descends. Let it rest on the supports and keep pushing until the bed starts raising again. Bring the bed up to its higher position and let it press the electric contact (limit switch).
Let the bed descend and start programming the positions (depending on the model of the bed can be 3 or 4 points). Let the bed descend to the first position, press the hidden button plus the button DOWN. The LED on the arrows will switch off and on again. Repeat with this procedure for the next 2-3 points and the system will automatically quit the programming mode.

If you don't have a manual winding handle then as suggested above an allen key may fit.
Hope you get it sorted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Antique
Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Thanks all for replies.
Controller is a simple loose wired box with only 2 buttons, up and down.
I'll have a peep around the mechanism for any winding points.

Antique

Jul 30, 2013
Normanton, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2010@
Have had problems with our bed from the moment we got it. Glossop Caravans, who we bought it from don’t want to know despite all our efforts. Apparently warranties are for vehicle and chassis not the working domestic bits inside.
Calderdale Motorhomes have been trying to source a switch for it for 8 months now with no luck.. Thank goodness we have a manual system to wind it up and down.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back