Bed platform height in Sprinter LWB high roof (1 Viewer)

Nov 19, 2018
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Hi All, I hope that you have had a good day.
We are about to build our bed platform which will be permanently fixed and run lengthwise down the van (it's why we went LWB)
Planning on going down this route using Ikea beams -
Our daughter, Gracie, who is 15 has decided she wants a kind of teenage cave under our bed so she would be on a slatted bed base on the floor.
She is basically 5' 6" as is my wife and I am 5' 8".

The tricky bit is working out at what height to install the mounting timber so that we have room to sit up and she has enough room to make it feel not too cramped.

Has anyone done this and if so at what height did you end up mounting your bed platform.

Many thanks in advance!

Pete

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
What height are the window cutouts?

I went East West on a transit so I can sleep across the van, 28" under and 42 over - mattress but you will want to be higher than that. Perhaps 36" so equal for each?

Cheers James

Aug 14, 2021
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Funster No
MH
Merc Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Hi. There. This is a photograph of my friends van, he has his bed quite high up to get his scooters in there when he goes on rallies, just thought I would send you this, nothing related to my build.. But I am only a real beginner on the van build scene and the Forum stuff never posted or blogged in my life.. But I am finding lots of help off everyone, well 99% of people.

1629216008014.png
T

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back