Beam Benders (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
HI , Anyone know where to put beam benders on current model peugeot? , I have 2011 model which has sloping wrap round glass covering headlamps side lamps extra with no markings etchings at all.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Do you have a friendly MOT garage near by, my vehicle has plain glass as well so i took the vehicle and benders and asked nicely, they put it on the machine for the lights and then placed the benders where they were needed, the guy wouldnt take payment proper as they only did mots not repairs etc so he said if he charged it would have to be the cost of a mot and that wasnt fair to me, so i gave him a tenner for doing it for me

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
2011 models shouldnt need beam benders.....

they have a none bias dip beam ie: straight ahead.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
shame.. Swift has just left the building .. :Sad:

he could have sold you a beam aligner :roflmto:

I'm with pappa .. shouldn't need 'em :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
When did it start John please?
sorry Ken, no idea when...but quite recent i think.

bad idea to put them on plastic lens as well.....some clown put them on the RV and the adhesive is a bugger to get off, cant risk solvent on plastic 'glass' so very careful scraping with a bank card....seem to work but very slow job.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If perchance your lights are not mid dipping......................

Never had a lot of faith in them things.. I prefer a bit of black tape.

The easy way to set it up is park the van about 20 feet from a wall or somesuch

Use a bit of card ( a few inches long and about 1.25 inches wide )

Turn the lights on dip and move the cardboard around in front of the lights until the dipped portion of the beam disappears. Stick the beam benders ( or black tape ! ) over that area of the headlight :thumb:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i saw a kit on flea bay that included head lamp protectors and you stuck the beam bender on to the protector then fitted the protector on the headlamp.
that way you have them to use time and time again with nothing actually on the headlamp lens :thumb:

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
You need to put your headlights on then position the centre of the beam bender over the centre of the bulb that is lit. Jobs a good un!!

Thats what the instructions say on my set anyway!!

White spirit will get the glue of your headlamps but does require patience and a lot of rubbing.

Personally I don't bother fitting them anymore, after all you never see a foriegn truck with them on over here, so I figure if they cant be bothered neither can I.

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
i saw a kit on flea bay that included head lamp protectors and you stuck the beam bender on to the protector then fitted the protector on the headlamp.
that way you have them to use time and time again with nothing actually on the headlamp lens :thumb:

Yes, that's the easiest way. The clear plastic headlight covers are printed with positioning marks for the small opaque black tape patches that block the errant light rays. Not so much as 'beam benders' as beam blockers'. AND - as a bonus they protect the actual headlight glass from stone chips ....

I've seen 'em but I don't know where to buy 'em .... yet! But I've a feeling I'm about to find out ...... :Smile:

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
You need to put your headlights on then position the centre of the beam bender over the centre of the bulb that is lit. Jobs a good un!!

Thats what the instructions say on my set anyway!!

White spirit will get the glue of your headlamps but does require patience and a lot of rubbing.

Personally I don't bother fitting them anymore, after all you never see a foriegn truck with them on over here, so I figure if they cant be bothered neither can I.

I'm with you on that - but years ago I was driving at speed and at dusk down a dead straight A road (lined with the mandatory plane tree either side) when a idiot Frenchman took objection to my dipped lights and as we converged swerved violently across the road towards me and stopped diagonally half way across my side of the road. I was doing near on a ton in an E-type and and couldn't possibly stop in time - how I got through the gap he left I shall never know !:Eeek: I've never trusted French drivers since - they are nothing short of suicidal ...

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I have my beam benders stuck on my plastic headlight protectors, which i got from a 4x4 accessory shop although i believe that if they are made for your vehicle you can get them from your local dealer

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back