Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Currently at Sligachan on Skye, we're going to Applecross on Wednesday, via Bealach Na Ba. We're 6.7m long and just under 3m high - I didn't expect to have much of a problem, I'm well used to single track roads, but the weather forecast for Bealach Na Ba is for sleet and winds of 35 mph gusting to 55 mph.

Any thoughts on how much more difficult the weather will make it? The views aren't going to quite so stunning anyway!

Alternatives are using the coast road or missing out Applecross. The weather's going to pretty poor whatever we do.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
The attraction of the pass is surely the scenery. .
If the forecast is as described I don't see the sense in doing it...
Andy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
We did it last year in 7.6mtr C class from Applecross over the pass. I think the other way is more difficult due to the hairpins being uphill and we were glad to have used the coast road in.

OP
OP
klaatu

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
The attraction of the pass is surely the scenery. .
If the forecast is as described I don't see the sense in doing it...
The attraction is also that it's the shortest route to Applecross for us, which is our main reason for wanting to go that way.

I'm thinking the weather isn't going to make a lot of difference to the degree of difficulty - except that currently snow is forecast as well as sleet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
The attraction is also that it's the shortest route to Applecross for us, which is our main reason for wanting to go that way.

I'm thinking the weather isn't going to make a lot of difference to the degree of difficulty - except that currently snow is forecast as well as sleet.
Got you... I'm a foreigner so the attraction for me was scenery. ..
Suspect you are right about the weather ... I thought it would be worse than it was..
I've found roads in the lakes and Ireland more of a challenge. .
Andy...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back