Beadnell Bay camping & caravan club site - reviews (1 Viewer)

Touchwood

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
We're planning a weekend away mid-april and we're wanting to stay somewhere near Holy Island - this site looks ideal in many respects but there is a very mixed set of reviews - anyone stayed there recently can advise? Any other suggestions would be welcome - we're planning on Friday night at one site - then a day touring taking in Holy Island, with a stop at a different site on the Saturday. Dog-friendly with a pub within walking distance would be ideal.

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
We stayed there the back end of last year just before they closed. Very helpful wardens. It is just across the road from the dunes and plenty of pleasant walks nearby. There is a pub about 10 mins walk away. The site was fine although the toilet block was a bit dated dated and could do with a refurb. Part time shop and chippy nearby.
Cheers.

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
We haven't stayed here but passed it several times when staying at Seahouses a couple of years ago. We got the impression that it was too close to the road and therefore noisy and just looking at the tents/awnings, it was always very windy. Have you looked at Dunstan Hill instead, much quieter location and much better reviews.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I agree with the prevous poster we have stayed at Dunstan Hill and it is preferable to Beadnell bay which has suffered the ravages of weather and neglect as well as it proximity to the road.

OP
OP
Touchwood

Touchwood

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
Thanks to all. We have looked at Dunstan Hill but I believe it's a bit of a hike to the nearest pub? Also there's a note on the C & CC website "Please be aware that standard pitches on this campsite do not include an electric hook-up" Not necessarily a problem for just one night I know; and pitches with EHU are apparently available.

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Craster is also a good site and a pub in walking distance. We have also stayed at one near Berwick called Honey Pot something or other, lovely little site with beautiful views, steel bridge just down the lane which when you cross over you land in Scotland. If your interested in this one let me know and i will find out for sure what it is called.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Annstead Farm is just a pleasant stroll through the dunes from Beadnell village (and its pubs). Set well back off the road with plenty of space between pitches. Stayed there for a few days last June - recommend it without hesitation. :Smile:

Link Removed

truffs

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 24, 2012
Durham (Lanchester)
Funster No
MH
CV20
Exp
since 2006
If you want to stop as far as Berwick then i would recomend Ord House Country Park dog friendly with pub on site also another pub 5 mins walk which you can take your dog in(Salmon Arms)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back