Free Member
Mar 31, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi, I'm new here. After 5 years of campsite touring in our t25 we've finally upsized to a van with a cludgie ::bigsmile: so we're on the lookout for some wild camping stops. Can anyone suggest a beach overnight stop in south west Scotland? Thanks in advance!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi and welcome to Fun, not sure on my east and wests :RollEyes: the area around Arisaig has glorious beaches, could be worth a look in that area, I am sure someone who does know there east from there west will be along later, :welcomefunster:

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
from where to where on the coast

Hi, I'm new here. After 5 years of campsite touring in our t25 we've finally upsized to a van with a cludgie ::bigsmile: so we're on the lookout for some wild camping stops. Can anyone suggest a beach overnight stop in south west Scotland? Thanks in advance!

in the south west coast are we saying from largs to dumfries?? or around ayr?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi.
Could try a surfers site/forum ?
Tea Bag

surfing on the Clyde estuary ?? :roflmto:

there are plenty right down the coast.. although some of the popular stops now have height barriers...

for proper wild spots, buy an OS map of the area, look for beaches that are out of the way.. at the end of farm tracks etc.. go exploring.

when you find a good spot .. tell no one..

OP
OP
R

Roamaroond

Free Member
Mar 31, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for the replies ::bigsmile: I'm really looking for anywhere south of Stranraer. Maybe Portpatrick, Kirkcudbright, etc anywhere along that stretch of coast if possible. I just wondered if anyone knew of any specific ones as we'd like to head off after my other half finishes work on a Friday night so don't really want to be driving around in darkness still looking for somewhere at midnight (wasting my valuable wine-drinking time:winky:).

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Hi Roamaroond, we haven't tried it but when we stay at a friend's cottage at Port William, we have seen people wilding just off the A 747, just west of Port William. There are large grass pull offs that we've used for picnicing and the views accross the bay to the Mull of Galloway are great, particularily the sunsets.

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
surfing on the Clyde estuary ?? :roflmto:

there are plenty right down the coast.. although some of the popular stops now have height barriers...

for proper wild spots, buy an OS map of the area, look for beaches that are out of the way.. at the end of farm tracks etc.. go exploring.

[HI]when you find a good spot .. tell no one..[/[/HI]QUOTE]

Sound advice

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Hi & welcome. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: I am going to monitor the replies you receive, as we are heading up that way after the Chester meet, ending up at the Inverness meet that Magbrin has organised. :winky: :winky:

roamingman

Banned
Mar 14, 2014
Angus
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
2012, tents, caravan. 1990
Hi we are on another site, for wild camping, their are lots of places to wild camp,
if you become a full member you can download poi,s :Smile:

norrie14

Free Member
Apr 24, 2011
glasgow
Funster No
MH
roller team
Exp
port logan can drive down to near beach I take motorhome +boat and fish there

QUOTE=Roamaroond;973697]Hi, I'm new here. After 5 years of campsite touring in our t25 we've finally upsized to a van with a cludgie ::bigsmile: so we're on the lookout for some wild camping stops. Can anyone suggest a beach overnight stop in south west Scotland? Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi we live in Dumfries and stop round the Kirkcudbright area often, one we like and is fine for a night if you head for the campsite Brighouse bay and about a 200yrds from the entrance is a carpark and toilet block if you park up in there out the way so no one sees you then you will have the most stunning views. You can even use the pub in the campsite, not a beach location so not sure if its ideal for you we have parked up in several locations in the Galloway forest.

The other side of Dumfries is a small place called Powfoot you can park between the road and the beach no problem, this is only 12 miles from our house but we use it quite often for a getaway, has a nice pub/hotel.

New dawn we are hoping if work permits to make Chester will know by this wek so if we are there come and say hi and we will give you some advice on D&G

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
larbrax bay hard to get to you can google map it

not sure if iv posted this one before.. its remote quiet and there may be a couple of vans parked up who night fish on the beach,, i may head down that way myself over the next couple of weeks, windsurfed that area for years ,, i had a small fire on the beach there many years ago , woke up 3 in the morning with my arse burning never moved so fast in my life:ROFLMAO:
any way cool place and enjoy,:thumb:

campercar

Free Member
Jul 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
Car conversion
Hi we live in Dumfries and stop round the Kirkcudbright area often, one we like and is fine for a night if you head for the campsite Brighouse bay and about a 200yrds from the entrance is a carpark and toilet block if you park up in there out the way so no one sees you then you will have the most stunning views. You can even use the pub in the campsite, not a beach location so not sure if its ideal for you we have parked up in several locations in the Galloway forest.

Hi, Lorger do you know of any changes to the parking situation at Brighouse bay?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back