Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Hello, we (SWMBO and me) are currently parked up in a campsite about 30 kilometres north of Montpellier. Does anyone know of a fairly nearby location where we can park by a beach or seafront for a couple of hours so we can dip our toes in The Med?

We failed dismally to find a nice coastal spot yesterday.

Thanks.

KH

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now šŸ˜¢
Exp
Nice aires at dropped pin you can park right by the beach, they collect money in the mornings. Swam there in summer, lovely. Probably park near for nothing.
image.png
image.jpeg

goldenline

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
Port Grimaud France
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Try Sainte Marie De La Mer it's a nice spot and there is campsite on the beach

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now šŸ˜¢
Exp
Aigues- Mortes great to visit for a wander and ornithological park near Saintes-maries de la Mare too if you pass and haven't already been / seen all the flamingoes.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Sainte Marie is a great call, motor home friendly, we had a great week in June

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Another vote for Sanite Marie, there are 5 Aires there, we like the wild one on the beach at the east end of town, that is where the photo in my avatar was taken. A bit expensive ā‚¬10, but great location.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Another vote for Sanite Marie, there are 5 Aires there, we like the wild one on the beach at the east end of town, that is where the photo in my avatar was taken. A bit expensive ā‚¬10, but great location.

OP
OP
Photo4x4

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Brilliant aire thanks. Great location for sea and town. We managed our paddle in The Med.

Thanks again.

KH

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
looks like I've seen this a little late for you, but if you are sticking around that bit of the coast Valras Plage is a nice place with an Aire about ten minutes walk from the town centre, and a free water/disposal point.

It has a great fishmarket too, simply the best, You have no idea how much I regretted my iffy fridge when we were there!

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
Just be very aware of security in this Part of France:cautious:

If you want to get gassed your in the right place!

Now Now. A visitor to these pages may not see your small print at the bottom, so for wary visitors, here are the salient points of the article

They said raiders took Ā£2,000 in cash, their mobile phones, iPads, a Kindle and bank cards
Hmm, the maximum claimable under the insurance :eek:

the ******** family lost possessions worth Ā£2,000 in a similar raid
Hmm, the maximum claimable under the insurance :eek:

The Royal College of Anaesthetists said in a statement that despite the increasing numbers of reports of people being gassed in motor-homes or commercial trucks in France, and the warning put out by the Foreign Office for travellers to be aware of the danger, the College considered it a myth.

OP
OP
Photo4x4

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
First on the left outside the town. It was very large and on Sunday was about half full, French families mainly. Most left on the evening so there were about 25 vans that stayed the night. It was nice and peaceful after dark and felt very safe.

One mean sod left at 07.55 hours just before the chap came to collect the money (ā‚¬12). The service point is excellent and big enough for about 6 vans. I tell you I have stayed on far worse campsites for a lot more money.

There was a van with a load of gas bottles on board came in for a while after dark, but after the hissing sound I don't remember anything until I woke up the next morning! :)

All our money and possessions were still there so I guess he was just practicing...

KH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back