Be warned - ditzy blonde has bought a motor home.... (1 Viewer)

Job63

Free Member
Oct 7, 2016
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato
Exp
Novice
and hasn't a clue about anything lol! Not sure what to write here but after years of putting up and taking down tents, a bit of ill health and a realisation I was getting too old for classic camping I decided to buy a MH so that I can still take my two sons out and about in it. Im also going to be renting it out. Also have 2 dogs that are already seasoned travellers and seem to have adapted well.
So if there is a daft question to be asked, it will be me asking..... hence my first post of friends having no water tonight..... :)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
IMG_0855.GIF
Ask away, I hope the renting out goes well.
I was amazed when you posted that you had lent your new MH to friends. You may need to work out a hand over plan to help avoid problems or you will find yourself on the end of a phone at all hours.
Camping in all its forms is great for kids and I am sure you will have many happy times in the MH.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
Enjoy it, but make sure you tell whoever rents it.... diesel goes in here (in the garage, use black pump only) water goes in here (fresh only from a tap hosepipe or water carrier) Bath, shower and sink water comes out here... (point and turn) Drain your fresh water here... (point and turn) and if you bend it, you mend it!!! (on all interior and exterior) Turn off everything, shut everything roof lights etc and as stated before travelling especially the gas and main electricity after unplugging if needed!

Best if you just used it yourself! not gonna mention toilet cassettes, you will sort that one out yourself......

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to Fun.

:pink:

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
:welcome4:

I can imagine it being a nightmare renting it out though , good luck with whatever you do (y)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome hope you have many lovely holidays in her! Insurance may be different if you are renting even to friends check it all out!!
Join here the best £15 you will spend!!(y):WelcomeFlag:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
HI There and a warm welcome to MHF .great news that you have a motorhome .just be very careful on the rental side and make sure you dot all the I,s and cross all the T,s especially with the insurance.ive had a couple of yrs experience of renting ,luckily for me it was fine but i know some that have had big problems.the important thing is to choose the right clients.so if you are doing it privately just be very careful.good luck
Brian & Jo

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Welcome, and just to show I'm the grumpy one on here, take good note of all that has been said about renting, especially to friends, and here's the grumpy one, you mention dogs, not everyone would want to rent a van that smelt of dogs or get involved with dog hairs.
Just saying(y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hello .. you have a lot to prove to be the ditziest on here .. but welcome. Lend your motor home out ... yep you must be ditzy... DON'T DO IT .. please.

Reactions: kcy

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Enjoy it, but make sure you tell whoever rents it.... diesel goes in here (in the garage, use black pump only) water goes in here (fresh only from a tap hosepipe or water carrier) Bath, shower and sink water comes out here... (point and turn) Drain your fresh water here... (point and turn) and if you bend it, you mend it!!! (on all interior and exterior) Turn off everything, shut everything roof lights etc and as stated before travelling especially the gas and main electricity after unplugging if needed!

Best if you just used it yourself! not gonna mention toilet cassettes, you will sort that one out yourself......

....... and that's without even mentioning the driving and learning curve to drive a long vehicle around certain types of bends and corners, reversing, etc., etc..... I AM desperate financially but still not reached that point of desperation... Please Ditzy, do listen to us. There is a lady on here who shares a van with a member of her family who is reliable etc., and even then there are issues. . please take care. . but good luck whatever you decide.

It doesn't look as though Job has been back on , I hope she does so before making any decisions that would have been otherwise after reading our posts. :(

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
....... and that's without even mentioning the driving and learning curve to drive a long vehicle around certain types of bends and corners, reversing, etc., etc..... I AM desperate financially but still not reached that point of desperation... Please Ditzy, do listen to us. There is a lady on here who shares a van with a member of her family who is reliable etc., and even then there are issues. . please take care. . but good luck whatever you decide.

It doesn't look as though Job has been back on , I hope she does so before making any decisions that would have been otherwise after reading our posts. :(

Yes Joy, I rather fear for her as her first thread last evening started with:-

I'm new to this - I've recently bought. Fiat ducato and been out init twice so far. Some friends have borrowed it and having set up say that they can't get the water running. They had a bit and now none. The tank is definitely full. When I've been out in it the taps just splutter into life! What could have gone wrong?!

If she thinks taps just splutter into life it is a worry as to how it will go for her. I went to sleep worrying about her (am I wrong to assume a her?)
We all have started somewhere so don't want to put her off, hopefully she will post again so we can give her the benefit of our collective wisdom :eek:

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Yes Joy, I rather fear for her as her first thread last evening started with:-

I'm new to this - I've recently bought. Fiat ducato and been out init twice so far. Some friends have borrowed it and having set up say that they can't get the water running. They had a bit and now none. The tank is definitely full. When I've been out in it the taps just splutter into life! What could have gone wrong?!

If she thinks taps just splutter into life it is a worry as to how it will go for her. I went to sleep worrying about her (am I wrong to assume a her?)
We all have started somewhere so don't want to put her off, hopefully she will post again so we can give her the benefit of our collective wisdom :eek:
Ok you've got me rolling about laughing, what fun, a ditzey blonde man,:rofl:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

Wyn

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
All gone quiet from Dizzy Towers as she hasn't joined up and has used up her 5 messages.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Last year one of the lads at work (who I didn't know that well) overheard me talking to one of my colleagues about going away for a weekend in the motorhome. He then approached me to ask could he borrow it as he and 4 of his male friends were going to stop at a weekend music festival and the hire and insurance of a motor home was proving very expensive - he offered to fill it with petrol as payment Won't tell you my reply but he didn't speak to me for about a long time afterwards (eventually borrowed a tent I believe) Xx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back