Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
Hi All, nice to be finally here,,I’m Greg from Kent,have have just purchased my first motorhome( which been a dream of mine since I was little),I have been reading stuff on here for ages which has been great helping me make my choice,,so to all of you, thanks for that.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
IMG_4608.GIF

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Hello and :welcome4:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 22, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V line 635se
Exp
Caravanner since 1993
Hello and welcome. Only 2 rules. There is no such thing as a silly question. And always bring your sense of humour with you into the forum. I really even if your not Wearing pants it doesn't matter as long as you have your sense of humour👍👍👍👍😄

Mar 28, 2019
DERBY
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo
Exp
since 2012
:hiya2:

Morning, how exciting, thought I’d just share our experience - we had our first van in 2012 after 2 years of looking, a Bessacarr with U shaped loung. 6 berth. Absolutely loved it. On one of our first trips we left the New Forest campsite early and parked up on a beachside car park in Dorset. Made scrambled eggs on toast for family breakfast, all sat in rear lounge looking out the windows at the fab views and couldn’t understand why anyone would not have a rear lounge. Its a moment that engraved in my motorhoming memory.
We now have a Burstner with fixed rear beds (be glad when kids start stopping home so we can have the posh part of the van) and drop down bed over dinette.
Times & needs change and I do agree that comfort wise our current beds far outweigh the one we made up from the lounge. We had mattress topper, which then has to be stored somewhere. It got to the point when out and about or weather good and not actually in the van a lot we just left the bed made up anyway!! Just beware of damp. We were aware of Swift damp problems and kept an eye on our underfloor however this did not prevent a £2.5k bill to have it fixed after 5 years.
Absolutely love our current van but would still change a couple of things if we bought it again but the more perfect it is for your needs the more pricey it seems to become. Same as everything, maybe small compromises. No compromises on the lifestyle though, freedom to stay or move on from good / not so good places. It’s a adventure - can’t wait to start travelling again.
Enjoy the searching too, love it...
Take care.

Mar 28, 2019
DERBY
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo
Exp
since 2012
:hiya2:

Morning, how exciting, thought I’d just share our experience - we had our first van in 2012 after 2 years of looking, a Bessacarr with U shaped loung. 6 berth. Absolutely loved it. On one of our first trips we left the New Forest campsite early and parked up on a beachside car park in Dorset. Made scrambled eggs on toast for family breakfast, all sat in rear lounge looking out the windows at the fab views and couldn’t understand why anyone would not have a rear lounge. Its a moment that engraved in my motorhoming memory.
We now have a Burstner with fixed rear beds (be glad when kids start stopping home so we can have the posh part of the van) and drop down bed over dinette.
Times & needs change and I do agree that comfort wise our current beds far outweigh the one we made up from the lounge. We had mattress topper, which then has to be stored somewhere. It got to the point when out and about or weather good and not actually in the van a lot we just left the bed made up anyway!! Just beware of damp. We were aware of Swift damp problems and kept an eye on our underfloor however this did not prevent a £2.5k bill to have it fixed after 5 years.
Absolutely love our current van but would still change a couple of things if we bought it again but the more perfect it is for your needs the more pricey it seems to become. Same as everything, maybe small compromises. No compromises on the lifestyle though, freedom to stay or move on from good / not so good places. It’s a adventure - can’t wait to start travelling again.
Enjoy the searching too, love it...
Take care.
Sorry wrong thread.... should have been on the other ‘newbie’ about the lounge layout!!!
Obviously my welcome was intended for you......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back