Be careful at Bilbao (1 Viewer)

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
The big difference being that you have paid taxes in this country since leaving school to pay for the way of life these migrants crave and receive for nothing

Yes I can understand that,, and I have never received a benefit of any kind from the state, and I’m in no way a bleeding heart liberal, but I can see the draw of this place, for the ponces,, as I’m sure there are generations of people, families that have ponced of the state for years,and there brits, , perhaps if the people in power started weeding out the users, we might have enough for the people that really need it!!
Infact this year is the closest I’ve ever come to needing help, but I don’t ( just) and to be honest, I’m afraid I couldn’t bring myself to start the process, in my opinion it’s a bleak and miserable way to live,, But maybe better than what some people had/ have in their country of origin!!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I think people misread my post, I was talking of our way of life, free healthcare social housing and tax funded infrastructure are not cash benefits. there are some that do seek benefits and others that claim and work cash in hand

the biggest problem are the young men who live under the radar and get their cash from dealing drugs and weapons

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We have been using Bilbao for a good number of years and even on the times we overnighted there we have had no encounters with illegals. The Guarda seem to patrol regularly and search many of the motorhomes and lorries though I have never seen any one caught. The overnighting area is used by trucks as well as vans and the main problem for some will be the generators running on the reefer trucks

If you arrive at Bilbao about 4.0 pm they will book you in and allow you to park in the departure vehicle park,,No trucks with fridges running in there. BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
If you arrive at Bilbao about 4.0 pm they will book you in and allow you to park in the departure vehicle park,,No trucks with fridges running in there. BUSBY.

These days we tend to stop in Burgos campsite or a hotel. Itvis an easy run up the motorway to Bilbao especially as we have a transponder for the tolls

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
About 6 weeks ago there was a feature on one of the uk news channels re all the current stabbings in London recently. A local person working in the community trying to combat gang violence said most was down to African migrant youths in a turf war over supply of drugs and guns. They are bringing their values and culture to the streets of our cities

There's a similar rise in migrant African drug gangs in Sicily. Even the Mafia can't seem to prevent them.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
There's a similar rise in migrant African drug gangs in Sicily. Even the Mafia can't seem to prevent them.
The cynic in me thinks the Mafia are probably charging them "protection"!, to leave them alone. If you think about it, the Drug gangs take all the risk, and for a small? fee they are left to carry on?. win win all round?.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back