BBQ point (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
I am thinking of having a BBQ point fitted to my A class rapido any ideas how much I should pay. Any recommendations for north hampshire.

spongy

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Spongey you want one of Link Removed about £40 and easy to DIY

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Add to that about £25 for pipe and fittings plus about £70 labour for a profrssional fit so circa £150 ish +vat would be a good price
less if you DIY of course:thumb:
Posted via Mobile Device

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Geo is about spot on, I was qouted £135 inc vat 3 years ago. And everything has gone up since.

Andy

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
We have fitted to our motorhome and its great, so would recommend them.

Pat

smifee

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
chandler's ford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Had one fitted about 4 years ago by Avonbridge, Nr Fordingbridge.

I told them where I thought it ought to go. They told me why it shouldn't go there and where they thought it should go. I went with their suggestion and they have been proved right.

Can't remember the cost.

Sorry it's not oop north Hampshire but it's not too far to go for a good job.

OP
OP

Deleted User
thanks for all your suggestions I am not a great diy'er so will have to pay and grin and bear it. I was quoted £225 inc vat by my dealer which I thought was a bit dear but probally not a million miles out.

spongy

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I was considering an external gas point in May last year; did not go ahead as it happens. I contacted Mark at Central Leisure Services, who indicated that the cost could be under £100 depending on fittings and the layout of our our motorhome. This was quite clearly an indication, not an estimate, but you might care to contact him and see if he travels as far as you - his service is mobile.

CLS is a trade member of 'fun'.

http://www.central-leisure-services.co.uk/

Philip

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I thought about one but decided to carry a small Calor bottle instead. The reason behind my thinking was that a fixed point limits you to where you can BBQ so if it's a windy day you may want to be in a different position out of the wind. ::bigsmile:

This has worked very well for me as I often move the the leeward side of the van to BBQ, & I can use the bottle as a spare in case we get low on LPG. :thumb:

OP
OP

Deleted User
I thought about one but decided to carry a small Calor bottle instead. The reason behind my thinking was that a fixed point limits you to where you can BBQ so if it's a windy day you may want to be in a different position out of the wind. ::bigsmile:

This has worked very well for me as I often move the the leeward side of the van to BBQ, & I can use the bottle as a spare in case we get low on LPG. :thumb:

I have been using a small patio gas bottle but got a bit worried when the van was searched at calais last year. fortunately they did not spot the bottle in the garage. gas bottles should only be carried in ventilated lockers.
I dont Know how fussy the customs are on this rule.
spongy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back