Bbq gas (1 Viewer)

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
My new bbq works off green patio gas . I want to fit an attachment for it to run off my refillables propane so i dont have to lug a bottle around. Will it work off propane is the question?

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
As above correct regulator or are you fitting an outlet from the fitted gas in the moho, in which case the on board regulator is fine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
My new bbq works off green patio gas . I want to fit an attachment for it to run off my refillables propane so i dont have to lug a bottle around. Will it work off propane is the question?
Yes, I've done exactly that; used gas from my refillable propane instead of the patio gas cylinder.
My BBQ doesn't have its own built in regulator (which some do) but the outlet from the refillable gas to my BBQ is downstream (i.e. after) the habitation regulator.

OP
OP
Simon Meadwell
Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
Im having an outside bbq point fitted to the moho so will i need a regulator after that or just hose ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012

The green Calor patio gas IS propane. It just uses a different regulator (27mm push fit rather than POL). It would also happily run off butane if you preferred (which you don't!).

If you want to run it off the outside BBQ point, this will be already regulated. You need the correct connector (i.e. Bullfinch or quick release) and some hose. No need for another regulator. It is likely that the BBQ point will be regulated at 30mb instead of 37mb. This is unlikely to be a problem in practice, but you may find it slightly cooler on max.

It can be an idea to make up your hose with the quick release and make up another short pigtail with a regulator on one end and a compatible quick release on the other. This means you can swap between BBQ point and gas bottle easily.

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
Im having an outside bbq point fitted to the moho so will i need a regulator after that or just hose ?
Just the bbq attachment and a quick release as the MH has the regular fitted, the other end of hr hose needs a quick release and the other end of the quick release fitted to the bbq

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back