Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We never rarely switch on the TV in the RV, so the expense of fitting a satellite dish has always been a no no, but I would like to catch some of the olympics, whilst away this month.

If I were to buy a tripod setup and take my sky box with me, what the minimum kit, size of dish, lnb etc, would I need and what would be the likely cost of a setup that would allow me to watch the BBC in Spain, no further south than Barcelona.

Thanks

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
We never rarely switch on the TV in the RV, so the expense of fitting a satellite dish has always been a no no, but I would like to catch some of the olympics, whilst away this month.

If I were to buy a tripod setup and take my sky box with me, what the minimum kit, size of dish, lnb etc, would I need and what would be the likely cost of a setup that would allow me to watch the BBC in Spain, no further south than Barcelona.

Thanks

:Cool: Hi Jim. We used to get Sky BBC as far South as Villanova Ila Geltru with our Kathrien Triangular 60cm dish. It used to fade away at times though depending on the weather conditions. 85cm should be OK. But I could recommend this dish from Maplins:-

Link Removed

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Or on normal Sky and Freesat boxes you need access to a BBC Channel and press the red button to "go interactive" - this may be possible on an 80cm dish in barcelona

Or you can go to BBC News (easily available) and Press Red and then the page number of 3001 and select to "go interactive"

or you can buy a FTA receiver and scan 12411V and view the BBC Sport Interactive Streams direct.

BBC Sport Interactive will show 6 streams showing a mixture of sports during the olympics.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Or on normal Sky and Freesat boxes you need access to a BBC Channel and press the red button to "go interactive" - this may be possible on an 80cm dish in barcelona

Or you can go to BBC News (easily available) and Press Red and then the page number of 3001 and select to "go interactive"

or you can buy a FTA receiver and scan 12411V and view the BBC Sport Interactive Streams direct.

BBC Sport Interactive will show 6 streams showing a mixture of sports during the olympics.
Hi Jon
Did not know you were a poster on here.
Barrie
La Barraca

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Hi Jon
Did not know you were a poster on here.
Barrie
La Barraca

Hi Barrie,

I came across the site one day when it appeared in a google search when i was tweaking my site for better search results. Someone asked about satellite and freesat reception in spain (see the sky £20card thread) and since i got a few thanks thought i would hang round and help out where i can....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back