Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Depending on time of the year:

Anglet aire (Boulevard des Plages) which I'm pretty certain is open year round, and free (or at least cheaper) in the off peak season. That's our first port of call in that area, although no EHU.

A bit nearer Bayonne there's overnight parking at La Barre. Last time we were there the MH's were down in the dip by the river due north of the Giratoire de La Barre roundabout (see Streetview), but Google Maps is now showing an aire in the main car park so I'm not sure what's happening there. No EHU that I know of. The main car park has a sort of adjustable height barrier thingy but buses go in and out of there.

Failing that, south of Biarritz you've got Ave de la Milady aire, which has EHU but it's a bit of a sardine tin set up - can be very tight.

The first two above have easy cycle track access to central Bayonne beside the River Adour. If you go on the last weekend of July there's a huge Basque festival in Bayonne so it's busy and awash with red wine.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
We used to stay at Camping Laruletta at St Jean de Luz which is a few miles away, good site open all year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Tried Bayonne a couple of years ago the listed Aire was a very busy shopping centre carpark so went the Aire at Biaritz, expensive at €12 but does include EHU & servicing and quite close to the beach.

OP
OP
Tigertom
Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
Thanks for the suggestions but ended up carrying on through to Tafalla or something like that in Spain. A very pleasant drive through the end of the Pyrenees in bright sunshine. On to Valencia area tomorrow and then Totana I think .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back