Taffand Dawn

Free Member
Jan 8, 2012
Hampshire/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
E350 7.3 Gulfstream Ultra
Exp
:Smile:Hi chaps I have a gulfstream ultra and am in the process of changing the 2 engine batteries, can anyone tell me if the generator battery is in with these 2 in a circiut therefore requiring me to buy 3 of the blighters:cry:

OP
OP
Taffand Dawn

Taffand Dawn

Free Member
Jan 8, 2012
Hampshire/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Batteries

Hi Pappa next to the genny is a battery not the same size as the main engine ones thats why i was quering this, :thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Do you also have a separate leisure battery or only the one by the genny ?
If so it won't be connected to the engine batteries..

The reason I ask is that on my RV the genny used the leisure batteries to start which were only connected to the engine battery when you pressed the Emergency Start button on the dash..

OP
OP
Taffand Dawn

Taffand Dawn

Free Member
Jan 8, 2012
Hampshire/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
The only batts I have are the 2 engine(normal type) and the 1 next to the genny(normal type)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The only batts I have are the 2 engine(normal type) and the 1 next to the genny(normal type)

In which case the one next to the genny is more than likely the house battery feeding the interior lights, water pump etc, so it won't be connected directly to the engine batteries.

So, to answer your original question , no, you don't need to replace it when you change the engine batteries.

OP
OP
Taffand Dawn

Taffand Dawn

Free Member
Jan 8, 2012
Hampshire/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Sorted

Thanks for that disconnected the "car battery" and all the lights went out :ROFLMAO: !! so only need to buy 2 biggies now::bigsmile:::bigsmile: I was surprised to find out tho that the little old battery ran everything and has never let me down over the past 3 years as i always thought the 3 were married up somewhere. I have now found 2 90amp batts that will fit in the engine cradles at a good price (alpha batteries) ps subscription on the way Jim:thumb::thumb:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
:welcomefunster:

Motor-Home Travel, on Tarmac or Gravel

A Week or Two in the Sun

If you have any trouble or Technical Muddle

Find the answer in Motor-Home Fun

Welcome to the bestest Motor Home forum on the interwebbythingy......Griff :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back