Battle (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We are at the CC site at Battle. We have just read in the comments book tha someone with a motorhome got a parking ticket. They had parked , as best they could, in a bay but were overhanging another bay. They paid double price but got a ticket because it should be two tickets and not double price. It was a council run car park so if they are doing that in one they most likely will do this in them all. Some places now have dedicated spaces for motorhomes. It's about time they all did.:Smile::Smile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it does depend on the councils bye-laws

We are at the CC site at Battle. We have just read in the comments book tha someone with a motorhome got a parking ticket. They had parked , as best they could, in a bay but were overhanging another bay. They paid double price but got a ticket because it should be two tickets and not double price. It was a council run car park so if they are doing that in one they most likely will do this in them all. Some places now have dedicated spaces for motorhomes. It's about time they all did.:Smile::Smile:

It does depend on the councils bye-laws .. here in Tunbridge Wells you need to have the wheels all inside the box.. the body can overhang.

I used to park a smart side ways on but was legal as the wheels were inside the bay (that could park say 6 cars .. and I park back into the curb at the end and there was nothing the parking attendants could do).

I would have appealed the fine.. but often there is little you can appeal .. just depends on the council as I say.

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back