May 13, 2012
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 601
Exp
12 years plus
Can a Battery just die with no warning?
Used my Campervan a week ago all well yesterday could not unlock with Button had to use key this trigerred the Cobra alarm, but can not start engine. put vattery on charge over night and all day, still cant start engine, Batt monitor shows battery flat and leisure batt OK. Can hear a relay or something clicking when i try to start it does this mean the Battery is dead? Will i have to Jump start it to get to Garage?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yes it can.. but did you take the battery out to charge it or do it in place ?
If in place fine, but I would suggest you undo both the terminals, clean and refit afore lobbing out a load of your hard earned on a new black box full of electric :D

OP
OP
MickyP

MickyP

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 601
Exp
12 years plus
charged in place still connected, heavy duty deisel battery charger. semms to had little impact

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Are you sure the battery in the remote is ok because if you locked the m/h with the fob and unlocked by key the alarm and immobiliser would stay activated

OP
OP
MickyP

MickyP

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 601
Exp
12 years plus
The Battery is Dead has been fine all along the nothing, I finally found my multimeter and the battery registered a little over 9.3 volts no wonder it wont start, it also will not charge, I jumped the van and it started fine and runs OK so tomorrow off to the Local Bosch Garage in search of a new battery. Hopefully they will fit as these are not easily accessible? Can only just get the Jump lead on?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back