hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
How can I tell what type & size of leisure battery I have?
We have a new Globecar, and I know we were told what size it is, but like lots of these things it isnt written down anywhere.
I know I can ring the supplier, but I would like to be able to check myself.
The battery is under the front seat with a drop down flap in the front. There is a label which essentially just says Varta. Symbol reference to recycling and Pb (obviously lead) and that's it. There is a QR code but that doesnt help either - just safety info.
The label is a sort of unfold diagrammatic instruction leaflet - no words, just pictures and about how you install it. There is a reference to Varta Clarios.
Tried to search the Varta web site - but to no avail. There seems to be no way of looking at the top without dismantling the seat.
What am I missing? Surely there must be an easy way to find out?

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
If you search Varta Clarion's on Google it lists it a AGM type battery. Can you see a kWh figure and can you guess the age. Are you having a problem?

OP
OP
H

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
If you search Varta Clarion's on Google it lists it a AGM type battery. Can you see a kWh figure and can you guess the age. Are you having a problem?
Thanks.
I cant find that on Google. I will try again. I cant see any kWH figure on the battery. It should be pretty new - had van new in June. No problems, but we have a compressor fridge and a 120w solar panel. We are pretty sure we are OK for one night away without hook up, but have been monitoring battery levels to make sure.
So, on Saturday we put the fridge on in readiness for going away on the following day. The control panel told us that both the leisure and van battery were 13.9v (van had just been sitting on the drive). By the following morning the Leisure was down to 12.5, and then dropped to 12.1 an hour or so later. Cab battery was 13.1 and 12.9. These rose after a one hour drive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
It does seem like the one battery is not big enough for the compressor fridge.
You should only need to switch the fridge on an hour or so before setting off. Especially if you are filling it with already cold/frozen food

Oct 6, 2021
Lymington, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Almost 2 years
Hi HJA, we have exactly the same problem and we had the Fridge on Gas with little else. I suspect the battery could be flaky, even the dealer said that so its off there when we get back but he also said Varta batteries dont have the warranty the van does so need to check the contract when we get home, far from happy with that for what the van cost!!

Derek

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• 56C518A5-934E-4A0F-BA48-D6E69258A967.jpeg
    56C518A5-934E-4A0F-BA48-D6E69258A967.jpeg
    388 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
H

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
We've finally managed to find the size of the battery - 85aH I eventually discovered that if I moved the passenger seat as far forward as I could, and using a torch, from behind the seat, I could just read the size. There is some sort of instruction leaflet stuck to the front - which I dont understand - but which seems to suggest its a lead acid battery.
So know we know.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back