Battery sonic mouse repeller (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Has anyone used one and do they work? Just been to check the van in storage and mouse droppings everywhere! Although due to moving house we haven't been able to check it for the last 5 weeks.
So, for tonight have put poison down and three rat traps. But would rather have a sonic repeller if they are of any use.
Cheers.

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Hi

Not tried the Mouse Repeller, but we have a sonic Cat Repeller on our gravel drive outside the front of the house and that definitely works. The cats used to use it like a litter tray - once installed it takes a few days for the cats to release they have a headache and stop coming into the garden but without doubt a brilliant piece of kit.

But it also effected the postman HAHA.

ps. It eats batteries, if possible get one that has a transformer input .

Ours looks like this one, but the principle is the same I imagine the mouse version will work just as well, motion detection built in. But it only works in range, across the drive it works well but a mouse travels under things and behind things , you might need multiple mouse devices to cover different areas around your home:
Link Removed

::bigsmile:

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I have used a 12v powered sonic mouse whatsit for the past 3 years, during which time there have been 2 mice entered or nested in the van. Could be they were deaf of course.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I had 2 in my van and no mice for 3 years.Then 2 years ago we had mice but the batteries had run out:Doh:

We now have a battery one and a 240v one plugged in.

I think they do work but only if there is no food source in the van.

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
The mains ones don't work in the house so I don't suppose a 12v one would work in the van either.

Unless we have deaf mice round here, too.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We tried a couple of the mains ones in the house. The cheaper one didn't work but the dearer one (can't remember the make offhand) appears to as we haven't had mice in the house since we got it.

We have a large garden and fields behind us so there are plenty of field/wood mice about. They get into the detached garage but don't come into the house. The gravel drive on which the van is parked seems to deter them as well.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Apparently you need to get the sonic devise that emits several different tones to be effective. As an alternative get down to your local equestrian store and buy the sticky pads, strategically placed these are brilliant, cruel but brilliant

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have used a 12v powered sonic mouse whatsit for the past 3 years, during which time there have been 2 mice entered or nested in the van. Could be they were deaf of course.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The mains ones don't work in the house so I don't suppose a 12v one would work in the van either.

Unless we have deaf mice round here, too.
Deaf as a mouse, never a truer saying:Doh:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I had 2 in my van and no mice for 3 years.Then 2 years ago we had mice but the batteries had run out:Doh:

We now have a battery one and a 240v one plugged in.

I think they do work but only if there is no food source in the van.

generally, no food...no mice, regardless of repellants.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

Yep, that's probably right.

The main target for our mice in the van was a soft toy my daughter had that you heated up in the microwave as a hot water bottle which contained wheat apparently.

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012

Tell that one to the deer mouse who stripped the foam insulation off my Freelander bulkhead and his cousins who attempt to nest in my loft each winter, neither provided a source of food. It seems shelter and warmth are more important to them from November to March.:Angry:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We get rats in the attic of our bungalow ... had them ever since we moved here 20 years ago - we live opposite fields and have a 'dyke' running along the side of the road. They tend to move out for summer and come back in winter, in fact I heard the first one a few days ago! :cry: We've tried all sorts over the years but have never managed to eradicate them totally. :shout:

We have sonic scarers now (got them this year) and I think they work as the 'return of the rats' is very late compared to previous years, also I think the reason we may have the back is because of the work we've had done in September/October - timber repair and woodworm treatment in the front part of the roof - which meant that a lot of the stuff up there had to be piled up in one place and probably stopped the 'sonic' waves from covering the whole of the attic space. Hubby has how moved a lot of the stuff back so hopefully the scarers will work properly and we will be 'rat-less' once again.

We also have some lovely teeny-weeny mice, but they live outside and have never ever ventured into the bungalow so we aren't bothered about them and they are soooooooo cute! Below is a picture of one of the rats which I took many years ago next to our pond ... nuisances but sooooooo cute too!!!! :Blush:

Attachments

• Pond rat - r.JPG
    Pond rat - r.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 15

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We tried a couple of the mains ones in the house. The cheaper one didn't work but the dearer one (can't remember the make offhand) appears to as we haven't had mice in the house since we got it.

We have a large garden and fields behind us so there are plenty of field/wood mice about. They get into the detached garage but don't come into the house. The gravel drive on which the van is parked seems to deter them as well.

Graham, could you send your mice up here and we'll swop them for ours......we've got gravel all around the house and the garage, but it's no deterrent to them:RollEyes: I took a ceramic cherub out of the kiln the other day and left it on a table in the workshop. The following morning there was a dropping on the cherub's head:Doh:
They've shredded the remainder of the carpet underlay that was left in the garage as well, as well as this we found a dead bird's head in a ceramic mould........no body, just the head:Sad:
We're on a hiding to nothing, too many fields and farmland around here........have got a sonic plug-in but it's not working. Still, as long as they don't go back into the van we don't mind too much.

Margaret:Smile:

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
We also have some lovely teeny-weeny mice, but they live outside and have never ever ventured into the bungalow so we aren't bothered about them and they are soooooooo cute! Below is a picture of one of the rats which I took many years ago next to our pond ... nuisances but sooooooo cute too!!!! :Blush:
Are they "Pond Rats" or are they actually Water Voles?
Water Voles look almost identical to rats but are a protected species.

Water Vole.jpg

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back