Battery question (1 Viewer)

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
Probably a dim question - like my lights but could I have some advice?
My recently acquired Laika Rexosline 680 has a mixture of LED and halogen bulbs in the habitation. I have noticed that the halogens are significantly brighter when on hook-up than when on the leisure battery. This applies whether there are one or two or several on.
Is this an indication that the battery is past its best, as I have always assumed that ehu or not, the 12v lights run off the battery - even though the hook-up is feeding the battery. A bit like running a bath with the plug out. Have I got this wrong? Btw, even after a full days driving the battery seems to top out at 13.1v. Time for a change?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
when on hookup it's usual for the battery charger to supply around 13.6v to all 12v appliances with the battery acting as a 'sponge' for any excess power not used.
thats around 1v more than your battery off hookup.

you will generally get a little more power directly from the charger/power supply then from your battery.

as a guide, if your battery doesn't appear to last long off hookup then its probably on its way out otherwise i wouldn't worry too much.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back