battery Question (1 Viewer)

Sep 9, 2021
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Mohican S
Exp
Have owned my moho for 2.5 years now
I am putting a second leisure battery in my Mohican . The person who fitted my solar panel says the harness will wire in parallel. From my understanding(minimal) that it will increase my 12 battery store giving me lengther usage time . is this correct?

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
The best advice I've seen suggests the following and it's how I've set mine up. It is a parallel configuration and the ONLY way you should do it unless you want 24v!
1636032440890.png

Assumptions are that your solar and charge systems are capable of charging two batteries and you can re-calibrate any systems that display or need to know about battery capacity (AH). In this configuration, the voltage remains at 12v.

So, yes, it will increase your useable time on 12v power.

OP
OP
Sleafordquin
Sep 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Mohican S
Exp
The best advice I've seen suggests the following and it's how I've set mine up. It is a parallel configuration and the ONLY way you should do it unless you want 24v!
View attachment 554063

Assumptions are that your solar and charge systems are capable of charging two batteries and you can re-calibrate any systems that display or need to know about battery capacity (AH). In this configuration, the voltage remains at 12v.

So, yes, it will increase your useable power.
thanks for that

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Most Autotrails are pre-wired ready for a second leisure battery. Have a look near the original for a connector, I should have a blanking cap on it for protection.
You can buy the required lead from Sargent website or try Direct motorhome services.
Note. It's good practice to install a pair of matching batteries as putting a new one with an old one is not as efficient.
Your correct you will double your 12v capacity in one go đź‘Ť

OP
OP
Sleafordquin
Sep 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Mohican S
Exp
Most Autotrails are pre-wired ready for a second leisure battery. Have a look near the original for a connector, I should have a blanking cap on it for protection.
You can buy the required lead from Sargent website or try Direct motorhome services.
Note. It's good practice to install a pair of matching batteries as putting a new one with an old one is not as efficient.
Your correct you will double your 12v capacity in one go đź‘Ť

thanks for that. I have two batteries and have the wiring harness ready to go. so a job for friday

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
thanks for that. I have two batteries and have the wiring harness ready to go. so a job for friday
Good to have two batteries for extra power
Make sure you don’t run batteries down past 50% of there charge, as this could result in damaging your batteries in the long run.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back