Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Here I am again with my pesky batteries. Having compared the health of the two batteries by charging them individually with an intelligent charger I have dumped the duff one. After 24 hours on charge it read 12.4 volts. The remaining battery seems to have perked up considerably since losing its duff partner and after an overnight off hookup it read 12.95. I then tried the blown air heating for half an hour and it managed to keep it blowing. Turned it off again and it recovered promptly. We are about to drive into France for a slow return north before coming back to Scotland mid March and wanted to be sure we can run the heating on cold French mornings.
Here is my question - the battery that is still in place is the second on i.e. the furthest away and the second on the relay. Is it ok to leave the first bit empty? We don't fancy trying to lift the battery out of the second box and into the first as it's an awkward spot.
Thanks guys
Mags

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I cannot imagine much benefit in moving the good battery. Just make sure that the leads that went to the bad one are removed or well insulated. I'd tie them back to prevent any chance of them making contact with something they shouldn't. With less capacity, you may need to charge them up more frequently (it depends on how much you use). Keep an eye on the volt meter, if you have one, and keep it well above 12.2V.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back