Battery problem? (2 Viewers)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
My Vehicle Batt. went flat, it is 2 1/4 years old, at first, I hooked up the charger while it was still in situ. It would not except the charge. I removed it to the W/shop and it excepted the charge. It's been hooked up to the charger now since friday 1300hrs and is still not showing that it has finished charging.
Question; Is this usual? It's never taken this long before, and the charger was one of the best around when I bought it 2 years ago.

Or, is the battery clegged? (like Nick, buggered?)

I don't have a tester

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Plenty of advice about batteries all over the forum, search "batteries".

But as a start, how long was the battery discharged? The longer it's left the less chance of it being able to recover, even with the very best of chargers. 2 years is not old for a modern battery unless it's been abused.

Also, if it isn't a sealed unit, check the electrolyte levels. If one is down you could have a duff cell which would cause your problem.

OP
OP
rangi
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
It's a sealed unit, can't really say how long it's been discharged, but after what seemed years:( but last night about 1700hrs I noticed the monitor was showing it was fully charged, Back in the vehicle today, am keeping a watchful eye on it:) Panic over(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
have a drop test done on it . if passing through roche i can do it for you . free .
but many garages can do it . best just after a good charge .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back