Battery problem? (1 Viewer)

Jun 26, 2018
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
We have been shielding and self isolating for several months owing to the pandemic and both my and my wife’s medical issues. Our pride and joy Autotrail Tracker EKS on a 57 plate sits idly on our drive. It is connected to an ECU. Now usually I go to it every couple of weeks as the batteries go flatand switch on the small Sargent EC100 control panel and either select L for charging the Leisure battery and then the V to change it to charge the vehicle battery. All has been well doing this for the last couple of years. However I have left it longer than normal this time and clearly both L and V batteries are totally flat . Whilst when the EC 100 is turned on I can select the L. Battery and the leds suggest it is changing..however it does not charge. If I select V to change the vehicle battery as usual an audible beep is heard from the dash but then the control panel immediately turns off with no led lights and obviously does not charge the totality flat vehicle battery? We would be very much obliged if you could share your expertise as to what we can do to sort this issue ? Best regards Paul

OP
OP
Pagen
Jun 26, 2018
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Jobs a good un peeps thanks again! Even bigger bonus is went out today to connect stand alone charger but have not needed to as everything is now working from leaving it on charge via Sargent and control unit !!!😃 so relieved. The leisure dies not seem to be fully holding charge but sort of expected that may need roping up with distilled? Or replacing . Vehicle battery now seems to be aok bit leaving it on Sargent to fully charge now .

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back