Battery Pack Jump Starter (1 Viewer)

Leisure man

Free Member
Feb 19, 2018
Funster No
You can find them cheap as chips but you get what you pay for.
I bought the Noco Gb70 the one good for 3ltr 6 cylinder diesels even though we only have a Ducato 2.8 150. Brilliant. Also powers the clubs event tent light, charges phones/ipads etc. Just make sure you keep it charged for that rainy day.

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Can you say that in scottish pleaz :rofl: a dinnae underston yir lingo or Gellyneck kin u translate
Eyes rite'un Inn thar Narfukeeun dialect Borr,,, Narfuk bee'un Gods own Countee uz Narfukeeuns feel ass mitee rite tur keep the lingo'your'live.
Mind you old chap, the translate facility on this site can't be relied on to replicate the prose as was written.
A trifling irritation, but an irritation nonetheless. (That was Bigguspeckus slipping back to the Queens English,,, dashed clever what?!).
Speaking of irritation I appear to have irritated

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Mind you old chap
Erm less of the old chap thankyou very much, and can you go back and finish your toilet cassette thread, you never finished your story. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Erm less of the old chap thankyou very much, and can you go back and finish your toilet cassette thread, you never finished your story. (y)
Merely a figure of speech old chap,,, errrrrm, I mean Dear Boy,,, no offense intended, but One assumes that most folk on this site are in their dotage,,, so,,,
May I call you Dear Boy?
Anyway,,, I did finish my cassette story.
It was entitled "A tale of woe, continued".
I've no idea how you'll find it,,, I've no idea how to find it,,, can anyone out there find it?!
This is all riverting stuff,,, innit Borr. ?

Apache

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
5 Years
I bought the Noco 40 in a panic when the van wouldn’t start , it wasn’t charged enough to start it ! So we fully charged it overnight and it still wouldn’t work. Ended up using a spare battery and jump leads to get going.
when I connected it to the remote connection points on the Ducato it didn’t even show the little white light which , according to the manual tells you it has detected a circuit. Am I doing something wrong ?

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I bought the Noco 40 in a panic when the van wouldn’t start , it wasn’t charged enough to start it ! So we fully charged it overnight and it still wouldn’t work. Ended up using a spare battery and jump leads to get going.
when I connected it to the remote connection points on the Ducato it didn’t even show the little white light which , according to the manual tells you it has detected a circuit. Am I doing something wrong ?
ambulancekidd DavidG58

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
After again reading a whole load for positive reviews for the one I chose I've just ordered a replacement. Fingers crossed we've made the right decision and last one was a rarity to be faulty.
Won't the supplier replace the first one?
I bought a bit of electrical kit (£36) direct from China and it was faulty. The supplier sent me a replacement without question and told me to throw the duff one away.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough

Apache

without getting mine back out and reading the instructors again I do recall getting a lot of flashing lights which look wrong but the manual confirms is right

Did you leave it for30 seconds before trying and did the lights show it was fully charged ?

not sure if Sandra tagged us to help you ? or is now determined to dis our suggestions ??

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Apache

without getting mine back out and reading the instructors again I do recall getting a lot of flashing lights which look wrong but the manual confirms is right

Did you leave it for30 seconds before trying and did the lights show it was fully charged ?

not sure if Sandra tagged us to help you ? or is now determined to dis our suggestions ??
:eek: :cry::cry: Yes I tagged you in the hope you could help him(y)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.

I find that the longer you leave the NOCO Boost connected to the battery the better.
When I got it, I made the classic mistake of expecting it to work instantly.

I'm a fully paid up (boy) male, I read nothing before trying to use techy gadgets & I left the booster plugged in whilst I was forced to read the instructions, then tried again & our camper which had sat for 6 months started instantly.
My recommendation is leave it for 20mins or so.
The battery was understandably dead & as soon as I disconnected the booster the revs dropped dramatically as the alternator was left struggling to do all the work.

My mate who works in vehicle breakdown recovery in Northern Ireland swears by them, although he intends to buy a bigger NOCO but, that's understandable in his line of work, he says he'll pop the old one in his partners car for handiness.

Hope this helps folks.

Kind regards...Robert.

Apache

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
5 Years
I didn’t leave it , just connected up and tried to start. Next time I’ll let it stand for a while. It wasn’t totally flat but discharged enough to not be able to start .
Thanks for the help

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I didn’t leave it , just connected up and tried to start. Next time I’ll let it stand for a while. It wasn’t totally flat but discharged enough to not be able to start .
Thanks for the help

As I commented earlier regarding the video

It would seem quite a few of us failed to RTFM ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back