outkast

Free Member
Jan 7, 2014
potters bar
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
I replaced the leisure battery on the pvc about two months ago for a new one.

everything was fine on our trip to Norfolk recently, I am going away this weekend and noticed the charge indicator for the battery was down, strange as I drove the vehicle yesterday so it should have charged, started the engine and the indicator went up, showing a charge going in, I then connected the EHU and tried the trickle charger I have connected, the lights that came up on that said it was a bad battery, I took the battery off and tried another charger in my garage, only to find it also said the battery was at fault.

could the relatively new battery be faulty or is there something that could degraded the battery while in the camper.

any advice chaps?

PS: I plan on taking the battery back tomorrow but would rather not fit another if the same is going to happen.

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
I replaced the leisure battery on the pvc about two months ago for a new one.

everything was fine on our trip to Norfolk recently, I am going away this weekend and noticed the charge indicator for the battery was down, strange as I drove the vehicle yesterday so it should have charged, started the engine and the indicator went up, showing a charge going in, I then connected the EHU and tried the trickle charger I have connected, the lights that came up on that said it was a bad battery, I took the battery off and tried another charger in my garage, only to find it also said the battery was at fault.

could the relatively new battery be faulty or is there something that could degraded the battery while in the camper.

any advice chaps?

PS: I plan on taking the battery back tomorrow but would rather not fit another if the same is going to happen.

has been known to get a brand new battery that doesnt hold a charge,,,did it show fully charged when you bought it ? or did you do like a lot of us would and take it for granteed it would be ok ? :Sad: i have a drop tester that i use to check my batteries are ok,,,just connect it to the terminals and press a button....

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
its not as rare as it should be that even brand new batteries fail. should be easily replaced under warranty.

as for anything that can quickly kill a new battery, leaving it under load and flattening it completely will do that. have you confirmed that you haven't got some sort of parasitic load or anything left switched on?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
outkast

outkast

Free Member
Jan 7, 2014
potters bar
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Thanks for the replies chaps. did check that nothing was left on, also cant think of anything that would be drawing a load from it while sat, I go out and start it up every couple of days, let it run for a good while and the charge indicator has always shown it to be healthy until today.

when I connected it for the first time it showed a good charge.

I have the receipt so will return it tomorrow and get another.

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
ask them to check it for holding a charge as if it shows ok,,then you could have a problem....

OP
OP
outkast

outkast

Free Member
Jan 7, 2014
potters bar
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
well I took the battery back and the guy tested it, it dropped voltage really quick, said it must have been a duff one, so he replaced it, cant say fairer than that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back