Battery Monitor (1 Viewer)

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
Quick question . Smart shunt will arrive tomorrow and I understand that it has to be inserted between the main battery negative and charger negative etc. But my question is where do the solar panel connections feature .
At the moment without the shunt they are fitted to the positive and negative of the battery bank but once the shunt is installed should the solar negative go to the shunt or remain where is is on the battery itself?

Is the wiring shown in the picture correct ?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Attachments

• CC16C1DE-87C9-48AD-A028-7063B214386C.png
    CC16C1DE-87C9-48AD-A028-7063B214386C.png
    182.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Quick question . Smart shunt will arrive tomorrow and I understand that it has to be inserted between the main battery negative and charger negative etc. But my question is where do the solar panel connections feature .
At the moment without the shunt they are fitted to the positive and negative of the battery bank but once the shunt is installed should the solar negative go to the shunt or remain where is is on the battery itself?

Thanks in advance for any advice
All negatives have to go through the shunt, so all current charging or being consumed goes through the shunt.

See my post #26 (bus bar lower right of photo) and autorouter 's post #25 above.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan

Thanks in advance for any advic

Just seen your diagram - it is correct!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back