Jul 10, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
S&L Atlanta PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Hi all,
I need a new battery for my Audi and have hunted for a discount code for battery megastore who I know have posted on here previously but wasn’t sure if there were any discount codes available?
Sorry if I have missed the obvious but I think the shock of how expensive things have become has caused me some form of mental block 🤯

Darren

OP
OP
Dazzler1969

Dazzler1969

Free Member
Jul 10, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
S&L Atlanta PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks Vanman the thought of spending £200 on a car battery sends chills up my spine! Too many electrics on cars nowadays!
Darren

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thought mine was bad enough at £130.
Hyundai i40 1.7ltr diesel.
Resting voltage after two days.... Between 10v and 10.4v.
Never fails to start, even at - 4°c, and charges at 13.8v to 14.2v.
Well knackered but until the day it won't start it will stay.

OP
OP
Dazzler1969

Dazzler1969

Free Member
Jul 10, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
S&L Atlanta PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Mines struggled for the last 2 days and I was hoping it’ll see me through the next few months, stop start technology has bumped the price up somewhat! Apparently it needs 850cca , if it lasts until end of feb it won’t need replacing until next winter.
Darren

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
Can not help with discount code, but I purchased from them last year, there was a slight issue that was quickly and efficiently sorted, which is what you need.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I jumped my neighbour's 8 year old Volvo yesterday, she said the stop start hadn't worked for a while, so the writing was on the wall ?
I mentioned Tayna batteries but she said she had a friend who ran a garage and he would sort her out. Turned out it cost £182 "Because it's for stop start apparently" I had a quick look online and Euro and a couple of others were quoting around the £ 100 mark, some "friend" eh ?

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
No current discount codes but good prices & quick delivery when we ordered recently from Battery Megastore (y)

OP
OP
Dazzler1969

Dazzler1969

Free Member
Jul 10, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
S&L Atlanta PVC
Exp
Since 2015
I jumped my neighbour's 8 year old Volvo yesterday, she said the stop start hadn't worked for a while, so the writing was on the wall ?
I mentioned Tayna batteries but she said she had a friend who ran a garage and he would sort her out. Turned out it cost £182 "Because it's for stop start apparently" I had a quick look online and Euro and a couple of others were quoting around the £ 100 mark, some "friend" eh ?
My stop start has been a little erratic recently, we are isolating at the moment, so can not use the car anyway but I have a compulsive disorder which kills me if it’s not right.
Darren

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Our Smart car went through 3 batteries in 8 months. The AA guy said they can eat batteries because of all the crap fitted and the stop start.
His advice was turn it off as it was brought out as a modern day myth to help save our planet.

OP
OP
Dazzler1969

Dazzler1969

Free Member
Jul 10, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
S&L Atlanta PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Try Tanya Batteries
Just had a look £170 ish, not bad compared to the others! GSF and eurocarparts are living in cloud cuckoo land with their prices, then add a discount code for 60% off, do people really fall for this marketing? A complete load of codswolup!
Darren

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Stop start stopped working almost 3 years ago due to battery condition.
Far too sensitive on battery condition.
Strange thing is, if I stall it for any reason just pressing the clutch restarts it the same as stop start would

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
I use Alpha Batteries, In fact tonight I have just ordered a 100ah Bosch for the Sprinter

Sep 9, 2020
Deepest Lancashire
Funster No
MH
One day hopefully
I have a Volvo and cheered the day the stop start ceased working.
You can switch it off by going into the settings menu, but the damn thing kept switching itself back on.
There are two batteries on most modern Volvos so it is only the smaller of the two that is past its best.
I wont be rushing to buy a new one.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
My stop start has been a little erratic recently, we are isolating at the moment, so can not use the car anyway but I have a compulsive disorder which kills me if it’s not right.
Darren
As long as it starts ok then the battery should be fine, the stop/start will not function until the battery is fully charged, it’s a safety measure. it fails to stop so that the engine can put charge into the battery. If your only doing infrequent short runs then that won’t help, next time you use it go the long way round...😉

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
We don’t know what else they do or have done in the past for free, like changing a bulb or new wipers. Hard to judge, but I try not to get involved as everyone has their own way for things.

dipsie

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
The start/stop on my Volvo stopped working about a year ago and every now and then if stopped for a while with the radio on a message would come up “ low battery “
Last week on a particularly cold morning it struggled to start. I rang our local trade supplier for quotes, the best value was for a Banner £128 + VAT, could have had a cheaper non stop/start one but thinking about maybe selling it on at some point so I ordered the Banner.
It still does not stop/start, we put it on charge, only 12.6v so it came up to 13.6v after and hour and still won’t stop/start. Our workshop tech plugged into the OBD and no faults show up. Googled the fault and apparently this will happen if the system has got used to not working but it will eventually recover. Oh well !

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
I found Halfords was good value if you know someone with a trade card

Sep 9, 2020
Deepest Lancashire
Funster No
MH
One day hopefully
The start/stop on my Volvo stopped working about a year ago and every now and then if stopped for a while with the radio on a message would come up “ low battery “
Last week on a particularly cold morning it struggled to start. I rang our local trade supplier for quotes, the best value was for a Banner £128 + VAT, could have had a cheaper non stop/start one but thinking about maybe selling it on at some point so I ordered the Banner.
It still does not stop/start, we put it on charge, only 12.6v so it came up to 13.6v after and hour and still won’t stop/start. Our workshop tech plugged into the OBD and no faults show up. Googled the fault and apparently this will happen if the system has got used to not working but it will eventually recover. Oh well !
My Volvo has two batteries.
One big one. One small one.
Cant you tell I am really technical savi?
:LOL:

OP
OP
Dazzler1969

Dazzler1969

Free Member
Jul 10, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
S&L Atlanta PVC
Exp
Since 2015
I am ex Halfords, left in 2005 after 20 years, unfortunately I wouldn’t normally entertain them any longer, but I do have a friend with a trade card. 😂

dipsie

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
Grumpyfog, yes I know the later Volvo’s have the second battery but mine is a vintage 2010 so it has just the big’un.
I’v had the o’l thing for years, everyone uses it, furniture movements, collecting motor parts, air port runs, uni gear ( grandkids ), trips to the recycling centre, I keep it well serviced though.
Not as quick as our Beemer but a dam sight more comfortable, the stop/start in that drives me mad, have to switch it off every trip, where as the Volvo once deselected it used to stay that way until you reselected the function.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging

I am ex Halfords, left in 2005 after 20 years, unfortunately I wouldn’t normally entertain them any longer, but I do have a friend with a trade card. 😂
The trade card is very easy to get, I've got one just applied online & picked it up at the store.
Doesn't give you any discount on bike parts.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back