Battery Master (1 Viewer)

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
I explained to my wife why we needed and bought a Battery Master(£70.00) to go with our solar panel, she replied I should have bought a trickle mini solar panel (£10) from Maplins instead as it does exactly the same thing and much easier to install. :Doh: If you have it installed it is a further £50.

Any thoughts?

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I explained to my wife why we needed and bought a Battery Master(£70.00) to go with our solar panel, she replied I should have bought a trickle mini solar panel (£10) from Maplins instead as it does exactly the same thing and much easier to install. :Doh: If you have it installed it is a further £50.

Any thoughts?

The problem I face is that when my M/H is in storage it is in the darkest purpose made storage barn you could imagine. No amount of panels will supply either batteries, so if the Battery Master will allow the hab battery to trickle through to the Engine start battery then that would relieve me of a whole lot of stress.

...........Griff :thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Best solution is use the van all year:thumb:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989

Any thoughts?

Yes, she is wrong:ROFLMAO:

Eddie

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
:winky:

Because:

Most cigar lighter sockets are now switched through the ignition and will need changed so extra cost.

The tiny output of the panel will not keep up with the quiescent drain on the engine battery

They only really work when South facing

You need to remember to plug the thing in every time

Ask her how much a hair cut style and colour costs which should settle any argument! You wont get an answer and the question will, along with the debate go away!

Also a solar panel will not allow the engine battery to be trickle charged when the van is plugged into mains. Many motorhomes cannot do this automatically

Cheers

Eddie

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Ask her how much a hair cut style and colour costs which should settle any argument! You wont get an answer and the question will, along with the debate go away!
Eddie

Good god, you're trying to get him killed.

Have you ever met a woman ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
first mistake

Any thoughts?

Your first big mistake was explaining it to your wife:Doh:
That definitely comes under the heading of an own goal.

Ignorance is bliss, the less said the better.:thumb:

Now then the Battery Master is one cracking bit of kit.:thumb:

Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
since 2011 but years in a caravan
I never knew there was so many brave people on here or do they have a death wish:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
When I say we need this or that for the van, Edd says "Your the Technical Wizard, get it. However, can you fit it or will we have to pay for it to be fitted?" Most things I can fit or fix myself, so lifes quite easy. As for the battery master, it's best thing we have ever bought apart from the Gaslow, Cruise Control, Airide, Sog and Sat System:ROFLMAO: Our latest buy is a USB Directional WiFi Panel Antenna. Just need to see if its as good as they said. Watch this space :ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
do they also light up like the one for the tyres?

Battery Master BTW is now available at Jim's on line shop!:thumb:

Do the ones in JIMS on line store also light up like the tyres..... fed up watching them.. nothing happens:winky:

Bob

p.s yes the battery master works... I got a couple of flat engine batteries over a week or so until Eddie fitted a battery master for me.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Phew from little acorns big oak trees grow.

Who would have thought that this thread would have turned into the biggest free advert campaign for EddieVan Blitz..

This is just how Facebook started...buy shares in EddieVan Blitz now....:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This is just how Facebook started...buy shares in EddieVan Blitz now....:thumb:

I suppose if the thread is called "Battery Master" which is a vanBitz designed and produced product, the resultant publicity is inevitable::bigsmile: I'm sure if Vanbitz did float on the stockmarket, their first couple of days would be better than facebooks:roflmto:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I did suggest if anyone wants one to buy it from Jims online emporium :winky:

Eddie

OP
OP
MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
I started so I will finish

The answer is:

The £10 charger only trickle charges the engine battery. The Battery Master (with solar) charges the leisure battery and then the engine battery to full. ::bigsmile:

Eddie

Eddie, if you knew my wife I would keep a very, very low profile for awhile.:Eeek:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back