Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Just ordered one from FUN shop😀

I know that removing the negative strap from both batteries would be the safest option whilst I wire it in but does disconnecting the battery from the cab battery cause any issues with the Ducato electrics ( 2019 model)? Radio? Settings ? And especially with the Growler alarm?

Also, should I cover the solar panel to stop power via the solar controller.?

TIA.

OP
OP
David and Sally
Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Update for anyone fitting one.

The simplest way to wire this in is at the back of the fuse box/charger unit. But I could not get to that too easily without risking disturbing some other wiring.

I fitted the BM in the locker where the leisure battery is and ran a positive cable under the floor to the starter battery. As suggested by Vanbitz in a phone call they recommended a fuse either end of this cable. That seems sensible and I put one in the leisure battery positive as well. That was fine but the BM didn't work.

Another phone call to Vanbitz (who are always ready to help) and they suggested 10 amp fuses as the 3 amp ones I fitted are not up to the initial current when the BM kicks in. Changed to 10 amp and all is well. I can see the LED going to red whenever there is a load on the starter battery like opening the doors, operating the alarm for instance.

The starter battery is being kept at 12.5 or 12.7 volts off the solar despite it being winter. Well pleased.

Thanks for the help eddievanbitz (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back