Battery Master - Swift Sundance (1 Viewer)

Wollow007

Free Member
Dec 17, 2011
Reading
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630g
Exp
Im a newbie
Hi Guy's n Girls,

I have purchased a battery master and wish to install it this weekend.

I understand what needs to be done, but unsure where best to connect the unit to reduce new cabling etc.

Anyone installed in a Swift, year is 2003.

Any experience or ideas appreciated :thumb:

Cheers :Smile:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Hi Guy's n Girls,

I have purchased a battery master and wish to install it this weekend.

I understand what needs to be done, but unsure where best to connect the unit to reduce new cabling etc.

Anyone installed in a Swift, year is 2003.

Any experience or ideas appreciated :thumb:

Cheers :Smile:

Best bet is to locate your split charge relay. You will have one lead coming from the leisure, and one coming from the engine battery. Once you have located these, slide the casing back with some side cutters - be gentle, and do not break the wire. Wrap the corresponding outlet from your battery master around and solder in place. Tape it up secure, Pop the earth wire on and you should be good to go.:thumb:

OP
OP
W

Wollow007

Free Member
Dec 17, 2011
Reading
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630g
Exp
Im a newbie
Any idea where I would find the replay?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Any idea where I would find the replay?

I am afraid the words are 'seek and ye shall find'...depending on the conversion etc, they can pretty much be anywhere between the two. I would logically start my search from the engine compartment and work back. If you locate the alternator, there will be a feed going to the alternators charge wire, so by following that back you will find the relay itself.

Some are quite discrete, others will be prominently placed and quite visable. If in the engine compartment, it should be fairly high up to protect from water, though it could be under the dash. Maybe a call to the converters may tell you where they 'normally' put it if you have no joy finding it yourself.

I would check from the alt wire backwards as this will be the easiest way if it isn't visable.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back