Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
I have found a Lucas 12v 110ah leisure batter on line for £87, which I think is an excellent buy.

I saw, however, this line in the spec:

Other Specifications - 500 +cycles at 70% Depth of discharge -1000CCA (Cold Marine Engine Cranking)

Am I to assume that the battery is only capable of 500 charge cycles??

Every time I plug in on site, the battery will charge automatically, and I can sometimes do this 20 times in a month when abroad.

This means it wouldn't last more than a couple of years. My current one is 5 years old, and still charges to 14.1v, and off charge delivers 12.7v for 48 hrs using only lights and water.

Thanks in advance.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Doug, the figures you are quoting are just to tell you what to expect for comparison :thumb: Lucas are good battery's and I would expect it to be every bit as good if not better than what you have :thumb: 1000 cca is telling me it has a lot of welly, but normally cca is not for deep cycle leisure battery's-it may be for dual purpose thing-either way if you are happy with price go for it
terry

OP
OP
savantuk

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Hi Doug, the figures you are quoting are just to tell you what to expect for comparison :thumb: Lucas are good battery's and I would expect it to be every bit as good if not better than what you have :thumb: 1000 cca is telling me it has a lot of welly, but normally cca is not for deep cycle leisure battery's-it may be for dual purpose thing-either way if you are happy with price go for it
terry

Hi Terry.

Thanks for that. This is the battery:

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Looks good to me :thumb: I usually go for the cheapest I can find ::bigsmile:
terry

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
I've bought about a dozen similar Lucas batteries for use on our work vans and camper.
Very highly recommended!

Search on here for threads on 'Lucas batteries'

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I have found a Lucas 12v 110ah leisure batter on line for £87, which I think is an excellent buy.

Have a read of this for a better understanding of batteries and the makers hype ..

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Have a read of this for a better understanding of batteries and the makers hype ..

Link Removed

Thanks for that link Jim, I knew the difference between leisure and vehicle batteries but have never read it put so clearly before (just got to steer the conversation in the bar tonight):winky::winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back